Details: commensurate with experience
NPower (www.npower.org) is a nonprofit with a mission to create pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities. NPower envisions a future where our domestic technology workforce is diverse, and clear pathways exist for all people regardless of ethnicity, gender, or socio-economic background to succeed in our digital economy.
We address many of the primary barriers that our veteran and young adult communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
If you have a passion for supporting military veterans and/or spouses and young adults from underserved communities in developing the much needed skills to compete in the digital workforce by increasing their technology skills, this job is for you.
The purpose of this position is to lead, develop and deliver comprehensive student internship program for the San Jose NPower program. This will include developing relationships with potential employers, matching students and employers, and on-going communication and oversight of internships. Additionally, this position assists students with professional and job search preparation activities.
Business Development Activities
· Manage and develop relationships with current and prospective internship site hosts.
· Market internship program to the workforce community
· Prospect/cold call and face-to-face meetings with internship site hosts. Manage participants’ skills, technical performance/ experience and interests to internship opportunities
· Consistently meet monthly internship placement goals and provide monthly statistical reports
· Responsible for weekly internship statistical reports. Must be consistently and accurately documenting, in real time, all participant and internship site host contact, activities and outcomes into Salesforce case management system.
· Coordinate and participate in various events, activities and fairs on topics related to internship planning and placement.
· Research and develop knowledge of career development trends, markets and issues.
Student Development Activities
· Work with Career Placement Manager to coordinate company site visits and guest lecturer workshops.
· Participate in the orientation, professional development and graduation program for students.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Process Management Activities
· Manage the general internship and specific internship agreements, onboarding documentation and offer letters.
· Manage invoices and payment process for both students and participating organizations.
· Meet weekly with students as a group and individually to debrief internship experience and bi-weekly to ensure efficacy of internship program.
· Address any concerns or issues between an intern and host site including.
· Distribute and analyze internship surveys
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· A passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community.
· Experience in lead generation and development of internships
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
· Technology background and experience with Salesforce (preferred)
· Must be detail orientated, have excellent follow through, and work well in team-based, entrepreneurial, and diverse environment.
· Experience conducting analytical research and creating reports
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills
· Experience in workshop presentation, career counseling and workforce development programs
· Military service a plus
At minimum one of the following must be met:
· A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
· At least three years job development/ internship experience
Or at least two years of human development experience
· Medical, vision, dental, short term disability, 403B match
· 3 weeks’ vacation (4 after 2 yrs), 11 holidays, paid sick and personal days
Minimum Education Required