The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work on a newly funded innovative care transition team that exclusively serves individuals identified by Mt. Sinai PPS as high utilizers of emergency and behavioral health services.
- Intensive outreach in the community including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health facilities, community-based social service provider sites, participants’ homes/residences, and street/neighborhood. Finding and engaging participants will be first step to building a trusting relationship; individual support and skill building and the promotion of optimum mental and emotional health. Requires understanding of strategies to engage individuals with substance use/mental health/medical issues; family and social relationships; stress and symptom management; activities of daily living; medication management; and housing readiness;
- Work with participants to resolve clinical issues that impact ability to obtain, manage, and maintain stable housing; foster relationship and advocacy with community providers and government to ensure that recipients are connected with appropriate services, benefits and entitlements; community navigation including accompanying to behavioral health and medical appointments, travel training, engagement in community recovery supports, referral to needed services with ability to identify and address potential gaps and barriers to such services;
- Establish collaborative working relationships with inpatient treatment teams and other partners and plan with them for appropriate discharges for recipients; foster relationship with treatment teams, community providers, and other partners to ensure that recipients are connected with appropriate services; provide out of hours crisis intervention services to recipients and their support network, including respite referrals and other diversion and stabilization services; attend and participate in team meetings and supervisory sessions;
- Develop a short-term person centered treatment plan to assist the recipients’ towards achieving their goals and modify treatment plans according to changes in recipients’ status; monitor and record recipient’s progress with respect to treatment goals; assist and instruct individuals in attending to personal hygiene, grooming and laundry, nutrition and meal preparation, budgeting, and other daily living and socialization tasks and skills needed to live, work, and socialize successfully in the community environments of their choice and also in maintaining a safe living environment; comply with all required in-service training and staff development;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse, chronic health conditions and trauma informed care; ability to learn and apply Evidence-based and best practices; ability to participate on a team to accomplish tasks; ability to work with all stakeholders: members, hospital and other providers, and families, in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding of and consideration for cultural differences; basic knowledge of treatment, rehabilitation, and community support programs as they relate to recipients and their families
- Basic knowledge of techniques for identifying risk, including crisis management techniques; demonstrated competency in written and verbal and skills to document services in accordance with program standards; ability to use agency Electronic Health Record to document services; ability to use electronic data bases to track services received and make referrals.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:LPN with minimum of 1 year experience working with adults diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders.
Excellent compensation package including tuition assistance through 1199 National Benefits Fund, paid time off, paid holidays, pension contribution...
Minimum Education Required