1916 Park Avenue
When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise. Our schools have a longer school day and year, helping us keep our kids safe and engaged, ensure their success in core subject areas, and give them an immersive, well-balanced education that includes exposure to the arts, daily physical activity, and field trips to museums, performances, sporting events and, of course, college campuses.
We are seeking a Deputy of Strategy and Special Projects. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create annual strategic plan to set goals, identify priorities, and determine strategies for next school year
- Establish strategic external partnerships for staff development and overall advancement of priority goals
- Centralize formative assessment data analysis and reporting to better support schools in using data to drive instruction
- Establish systems, routines, and processes to promote collaboration, learning and improvement across schools
- Identify exemplary external professional development vendors that provide a systematic approach to teaching early literacy
- Align formal teacher evaluation process across schools and implement individualized teacher development plans
- Advise identification and implementation of new strategies to deepen and improve our programs
- Identify and implement new best practices in use of technology and follow up strategies to continue to support parents’ learning on the road to ensuring their child is ‘school ready’
- Master’s Degree in Education Policy, Education Management or Project Management required
- Proven ability to manage/supervise, and can create/facilitate effective systems and structures for supervision
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success leading initiatives that result in measurable improved student achievement in urban, high-needs schools
- Firm knowledge of research, best practices and a field-wide view of exemplar resources to leverage.
- Strong leadership abilities including an encouraging, motivating presence to help with conflict management, team building, mentoring and coaching, goal-setting, prioritization and strategic planning.
- Responds promptly to requests; provide needed direction, assistance, training, materials and resources.
- Possesses highly effective project management skills to successfully lead numerous streams of work in a high paced demanding environment
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume HERE.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.