Details: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
742 North LaSalle Drive
- Department: Career Advancement Program (CAP)
- Type: Full Time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, some evenings and weekends as needed
- Location: 742 N. LaSalle, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654
Greenheart International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve our goals through a unique set of programs and initiatives fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses four main branches: Greenheart Exchange, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, and Greenheart Transforms.
Within Greenheart Exchange, the Career Advancement Program (CAP) Department has J-1 Internship and Trainee designations through the U.S. Department of State to bring international professionals to the United States on a cultural exchange program that allows them intern or train with a U.S. business. Greenheart Exchange’s CAP program is dedicated to extending the mission of cultural understanding, environmental consciousness and world peace by connecting enthusiastic international professionals and American Host Organizations. As the only non-profit green J-1 visa sponsor, we pride ourselves on providing a quality experience, while encouraging and enabling Greenheart Exchange staff, participants and Host Organizations to work together on projects that promote environmentalism and sustainability.
What we’re looking for:
- Proactive/ Dependable: resourceful, has positive “can do” attitude, acts without being told what to do
- Detail-oriented: have great organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: can keep cool during rapidly changing priorities and projects
- Analytical: Likes learning and learns quickly
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Internationally aware: Being aware of and sensitive to other cultures, customs, events, and perspectives.
Some things you might do as Services Associate:
- Ensure Greenheart’s and stakeholders’ compliance with federal regulations and Greenheart specific policies and procedures, educate stakeholders on requirements, take appropriate steps to address non-compliance, and assume responsibility of reporting issues to supervisor.
- Responsible for providing timely and courteous in-country support to stakeholders on a variety of inquiries and issues while maintaining mindset of customer/client satisfaction and retention.
- Responsible for preparing action plans on participants’ issue resolution updates
- Monitor, track, and assist stakeholders through timely review of monthly check-ins, evaluations, and proactive outreach to ensure program efficacy and compliance.
- Achieve productivity standards and goals while maintaining the highest level of customer service
- Investigate, analyze, and diplomatically resolve a wide variety of conflicts involving stakeholders and prepare action plans and provide issue resolution updates to leadership
- Track and maintain internal reports and spreadsheets.
- Assist in training a variety of parties, including but not limited to partners, host organizations, and staff, as needed.
- Provide back-up support to Services team to ensure appropriate stakeholder support coverage, including but not limited to, providing coverage for staff out-of-office plans, participating in internal monitoring activities, and assisting with evaluation processing, on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with administrative tasks including, accurate filing of documents, answering main phones, and other duties as-needed basis.
- May be required to assist with emergency phone duties on a rotating basis as needed.
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years of professional working experience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of general computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Comfort and aptitude for learning new software and understanding work flow processes
- Efficiency with data entry and a keen eye for detail
- Talent for organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, proactively considering and implementing measures to improve quality
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities, and backgrounds
- Possess a great deal of tact and diplomacy and ability to resolve conflicts that may arise
- Genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Preferred: Experience studying, volunteering, or working abroad
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by sending your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources Generalist, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.