Statewide Coordinator (Paralegal), Immigrant Survivors Project
- Job posted by Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center (PIRC)
P.O. Box 20339
The Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center (PIRC) is a non-profit agency that serves vulnerable immigrants through free legal services, education, and advocacy. PIRC’s Immigrant Survivors Project (ISP) offers victim-centered legal services to immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking through a mobile law office model of service delivery throughout Pennsylvania. The Statewide Coordinator/DOJ Accredited Representative will coordinate immigration legal assistance, direct representation, education, and outreach to immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking throughout the commonwealth to ensure their access to critical restorative victim services.
JOB PURPOSE AND ACTIVITIES
· Coordinate immigration legal services and case management for survivors served statewide by Immigrant Survivors Project staff.
· Respond to all referrals from victim agency staff and statewide coalition partners to schedule intakes with immigrant survivors. Ensure all survivors are assigned an ISP legal staff person for immigration legal assistance.
· Ensure all client information is correctly and timely entered into PIRC case management systems, ETO and eImmigration. Review program reports with Managing Attorney and Grants Manager each quarter.
· Assist all ISP staff with follow-up calls to clients, victim agency staff, and other partner and referring agencies.
· Meet regularly with Managing Attorney to review ISP caseload by staff person.
· Work with Grants Manager to ensure all Time and Effort Reports are reviewed, signed, and submitted to Managing Attorney for review.
· Support Managing Attorney and Statewide Attorney/DOJ Accredited Representative in creating resource materials, technical assistance bulletins, and preparing for regional trainings in collaboration with statewide coalition partners, PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence and PA Coalition Against Rape.
· Provide immigration legal assistance support and direct representation, as needed, to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking leveraging the protections allowed in law through VAWA, T-Visas, U-Visas, and related forms of relief.
· Provide information to survivors about victim rights, victim compensation benefits, and the criminal justice system.
· Manage utilization and reporting of interpretation and translation services by victim service member agencies; manage interpretation and translation budget for project, reviewing all invoices for internal fiscal processing.
· Work with Managing Attorney to schedule and facilitate ISP annual plan.
· Ensure client surveys are provided to clients in a timely manner; work with Managing Attorney to analyze survey results to ensure effectiveness of ISP services.
· Work closely with the ISP Managing Attorney, Executive Director, and Grants Manager to ensure compliance with contract and grant requirements for PIRC’s Programs.
· Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Paralegal experience desired. Candidates with DOJ Accreditation or candidates who could be eligible to apply for DOJ Accreditation.
· Fluency in Spanish (both written and verbal) required.
· Experience with immigration law (particularly in VAWA, T-Visas, and U-Visas) and prior experience working with survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault preferred.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills needed; prior experience in coordinating a team preferred.
· Passion for PIRC's mission and demonstrated commitment to immigration issues and public interest law.
· Strong sense of personal initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks without extensive supervision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Generous PTO and other benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references and a brief writing sample to Elizabeth Miller, Office Manager, at email@example.com or to PIRC, Attn: Office Manager, P.O. Box 20339, York PA 17402.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 22, 2018 or until the position is filled. Early submission highly encouraged. The Hiring Committee will begin screening resumes upon receipt.