281 huntington avenue
The Accounting Coordinator assists the Director of Financial Management and Accounting Manager with the maintenance of the Huntington’s financial transaction records, monthly closings and the annual audit. This individual is responsible for preparing monthly bank account reconciliations, daily credit card processing reconciliations, the weekly vendor check run, and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare multiple monthly bank statement reconciliations to the related general ledger account balances, including generation of journal entries as needed.
- Prepare and generate weekly vendor check runs and related reports including mailing and filing documents.
- Complete annual online data compilation for reporting to TCG or similar service organizations.
- Daily credit card reconciliations from transaction recording by Box Office/Ticketing Services and Development in Tessitura to daily bank deposits.
- Assist in investigation of credit card charge backs.
- Departmental coding of vendor bills such as Boston Cab, Fedex, Economy Hardware.
- Data Entry – Journal Entries, Payroll, vendor invoices, CCV’s (bank deposits).
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Director of Financial Management and/or Accounting Manager.
- Generate financial reports for certain departments weekly.
- 1-3 years professional experience in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Knowledge of and professional experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- BA or BS preferred.
Additionally, the company provides health, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest, resume and salary expectations to:
Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
The Huntington Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.