Reports to: Senior Director of Facilities; Works closely with all members of the Real Estate & Facilities Team.
Uncommon’s Real Estate & Facilities Team is responsible for ensuring the leasing, acquisition, development, financing, renovations and ongoing maintenance/compliance of high quality facilities for all Uncommon schools. The Team is currently comprised of 5 members, and expected to grow by two more individuals (including this role) in the coming year.
The Real Estate and Facilities Coordinator supports and enhances Uncommon’s real estate and facilities by executing on key tasks, assisting to create/maintain systems and procedures for the high-level, acquisition, development and management of facilities for Uncommon’s schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position requires a smart, detail-oriented, hard-working team player who can handle both mission critical projects and details with equal enthusiasm, efficiency, and attention to detail. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Real Estate Research
- Creating a resource library for building components, materials and finish standards to help further enhance learning environments in all of Uncommon’s buildings;
- Reviewing and analyzing market data (e.g. sale history, assessments, zoning, transportation options, local amenities, etc.) to further site due diligence investigations; and,
- Supporting the selection and development of Team tools (e.g. asset management, project management and entity management software).
- Project Management Assistance
- Assisting with contract solicitation including, preparing RFP documents and collection and comparison of bids;
- Process vendor purchase orders and invoices;
- Schedule calls and meetings with school and regional leaders to solicit project input; and,
- Assist in preparation for Board meetings by helping with presentations and deliverables
- Team Systems and Logistics
- Managing logistics for the portfolio of work managed by the Real Estate and Facilities Team (e.g., office-based meetings, lender visits, professional development sessions, school-based meetings). Logistics may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and overseeing knowledge management/Team share drive updates;Reserving meeting rooms, managing room set-up and ordering meals;
- Preparing and distributing meeting materials, prior to and after meetings; and,
- Preparing and distributing presentations for key meetings.
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Very strong organizational skills; strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to engage in problem solving to meet internal organizational goals
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends, as sometimes required
- Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and/or the education sector preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website: https://uncommonschools.secure.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0x0G00001PonvoQAB&tSource=