Part-Time Event & Communications Assistant
15 - 20 Hours a Week
AIGA SF, the leading design organization in the Bay Area, serves the local design community by offering resources and programs throughout the year and annually San Francisco Design Week. The role of the the Event & Communications Assistant will require flexibility in regards to responsibilities and the ability to shift from one role to another efficiently. This role is very important in contributing to the success of AIGA San Francisco by assisting in event logistics and communications for the chapter which include panel discussions, workshops, lectures, meet-ups, mentorship programs, portfolio reviews and San Francisco Design Week. We are seeking an extremely organized candidate who is able to work independently with minimal supervisions to directly support the Executive Director and staff.
The Part-Time Event & Communications Assistant provides administrative and on-the-ground support for AIGA SF events and programming. The role requires flexible scheduling (2-5 evenings a month), and the ability to work independently on projects and tasks. Ideal candidates will possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge in social media, photography, and copy writing. Some experience with events is preferred, but not required.
The Part-Time Event & Communications Assistant will assist with content production for the AIGA SF & San Francisco Design Week (SFDW) blog and social media channels, as well as the bi-monthly newsletters. They will also assist with event support, including running errands, setting up the space for meetings and events, AV, and some event cleanup. Some additional admin tasks also include filing, assisting with the design and production of marketing materials, and other tasks as-needed by the organization. This is a part-time role, 15-20 hours a week with an opportunity for more hours in the months of May and June.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Must be able to work in a non-profit environment
- Event support for all AIGA SF events and programming throughout the year
- Content creation across all social media channels
- Responsible for publishing events and blog posts to the aigasf.org and sfdesignweek.org websites.
- Maintain a consistent blog editorial calendar for both AIGA SF & SFDW
- Help to develop a unique brand voice
- Manage all communications and scheduling with event volunteers
- Update the volunteer email list with new recruits
- Occasional tasks such as running errands, placing orders with vendors, etc.
- Active user of relevant social media
- Interest in current social media trends and new social media engagement opportunities
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Excellent writing skills
- Basic html knowledge and wordpress and the Eventbrite platform
- Experience with email marketing and mailchimp
- Event management experience
- Graphic design
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient in English
Minimum Education Required