Outreach Account Lead, Student Series
3601 Eisenhower Avenue
Time Frame: School Year (September-May/June); must take 2 month break and then may return for another placement
Position Classification: Temp; Full-time (30-35 hours/week)
The Outreach Account Lead supports The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) signature fundraising campaign, Student Series, within the National Capital Area region. Responsible for several aspects of Student Series including school recruitment and management, in-person visits, host assemblies, event wrap up, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Works under the supervision of Student Series Campaign Manager, in conjunction with fellow campaign staff, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A STAFFING AGENCY
**This is a great opportunity to give back and grow with LLS, while having the summer off. This position will service the DC Metro area.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coach schools to achieve fundraising goals through planning, customer service and stewardship.
- Identify and network with schools and coordinators in assigned counties to promote the fundraising campaign(s) and drive fundraising success.
- Metrics are set and must be met for number of commitments for Student Series programs like Pennies for Patients.
- Draft concise, effective and personable communications to volunteers, participants, and donors with oversight by Campaign Manager.
- Provide administrative assistance to campaign(s) through email, phone & website account management and Campaign 360 database.
- Perform other functions and activities as directed by the manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- 1-2 years’ professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet with schools during and outside school hours
- Familiarity with territory strongly encouraged.
This position is temporary and hired/paid via an outside staffing agency. Benefits information can be found online at this link. This position will be on-site at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's National Capital Area office in Alexandria, VA from September through May/June, with the potential to return after a 2-month break over the summer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via the link provided. Resumes are required and cover letters are strongly encouraged.