886 Westchester Avenue
St. Ann's Corner of Harm Reduction , ground floor
Benefit Enrollment Specialist
October 16, 2018
LOCATION: NYC Field Offices
Bridging Access to Benefits and Care is collaboration between SACHR, Acacia & Seedco
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will connect Bronx based participants and their families to a wide range of income-enhancing benefits that have a proven impact on maintaining employment and helping families build assets. Utilizing Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online (EBO), the Benefit Enrollment Specialist will provide in-person education, benefits screening and eligibility information and public benefits application assistance to participants and their families. The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will also conduct outreach, follow up with participants to document receipt of benefits, and troubleshoot problems participants encounter while applying for benefits.
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will work out of multiple SACHR program sites in the Bronx and is responsible for outreach to potential participants and traveling between different locations.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work with participants to identify public benefits and community resources available to them utilizing Seedco"s EarnBenefits technology
2. Provide in-person benefits enrollment counseling service to potential participants.
3. Assist in the completion of new and renewal benefits applications on behalf of clients.
4. Provide light case management for all applications, following up with participants to ensure that respective applications and required documentation is submitted and informing participants about their application status.
5. Assist participants to resolve any problems and answer questions about their benefits.
6. Educate eligible partner staff and prospective participants about public and community resources, and how to access those benefits.
7. Ensure that all program outcomes are properly documented in an accurate and time manner through program reporting systems.
8. Provide a weekly report, on program activities and individual targets to date.
9. Ensure the SACHR’s programmatic goals and individual targets, as they relate to outreach and application completion, are achieved.
10. Work with leadership staff to use program performance data to drive improvements to the program design and implementation.
11. Participate in all required trainings and meetings; maintain a strong and current expertise in public benefits eligibility, application and enrollment, as well as community resources.
1. Bilingual, Spanish and English
2. Ability to work independently
3. Familiarity with databases and case noting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIORNMENT:
· Transporting laptop and materials between sites is required.
· Benefit Enrollment Specialist will be mobile and service different community-based organizations.
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist is supervised by the Program Coordinator. Supervisor is offsite, but daily virtual supervision.
How to Apply: Please send a responsive cover letter and resume to Monique Bourgeois, Office Manager, at
email@example.com with the subject line “Benefit Enrollment Specialist”.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish (fluent)
Minimum Education Required