Jewish Learning Venture
261 Old York Road, Suite 720
Jewish Learning Venture empowers families raising Jewish children to make Judaism more meaningful and relevant for themselves. Our innovative programs guide families and leaders of Jewish organizations to see Judaism as a means to a thriving life.
Jewish Learning Venture is seeking an experienced development professional who Is energized by relationship building and creativity to join our team and lead our organizational advancement efforts. The Head of Fundraising will bring an entrepreneurial sprit to the work, seeking to find creative ways to identify and cultivate new resources. Most importantly, the Head of Fundraising will believe in the work of Jewish Learning Venture and passionately pursue funding through the cultivation of new donors to support this critical work in our community.
The Head of Fundraising will report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of our Executive Team.
The Head of Fundraising will:
· Create and implement a multi-year development strategy for the organization in collaboration with the executive team and officers.
· Research and identify foundations appropriate for partnership with our programs.
· Conduct targeted donor and prospect research, including, but not limited to, individuals, foundations and other Jewish institutions
· Solicit donors and prospects at all giving levels in collaboration with Executive Director, Officers and the Board
· Identify potential new donors through research and networking.
· Build, manage, and strengthen personal relationships with current and potential donors and take the lead on direct solicitations.
· Oversee the management of our donor data, including: regularly analyzing current donor data, ensuring the data are up to date and “clean,” and determining which data to collect, track, and maintain.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience with development, fundraising donor solicitation, sales, cultivation and/or stewardship.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to make sound data-based judgments.
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, meet deadlines, and be organized and flexible in a consistently changing environment.
· Ability to implement projects involving critical thinking and independent judgment.
· Have an understanding of emerging trends and outcome-based approaches.
This is a part-time 50% position and includes some weekend and evening work.
Jewish Learning Venture is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Head of Fundraising” in the subject line.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required