Full Time Contract
Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience, with starting offers up to 15% above DOE
222 West 134th Street
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. The school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 6 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is taught utilizing a collaborative co-teaching model. St HOPE provides multiple opportunities for leadership at the department and grade team level. In addition, St HOPE provides a $2,000 stipend per year to every full-time staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
To educate self-motivated, productive, and critically thinking leaders who are prepared to succeed in a college preparatory high school, committed to serving others, and passionate about lifelong learning.
To ensure every St HOPE scholar graduates ready for a life of learning and service, we are seeking an English Language Arts teacher who has multiple years of teaching experience. Our priority is on differentiated, small group instruction. Classrooms will have two co-teachers that work together in a supportive, collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods of teaching in your classroom
· Collect, report, and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data about students and refine lesson plans accordingly
· Support a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards and create a supportive and engaging learning environment
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· NYS teaching certification or eligibility to be certified
· Special Education certification highly preferred
· Love of literature, knowledge of YA books, and a passion for reading and writing
· Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
· Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC or other urban setting preferred
· Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
· Competitive and commensurate with experience, with starting offers up to 15% above DOE salary.
· Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
St HOPE Leadership Academy (SHLA) is an equal opportunity employer. SHLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.