1634 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The International Labor Rights Forum is a human rights organization that advocates for workers worldwide. We hold global corporations accountable for labor rights violations in their supply chains and advance policies and laws that protect workers. We do this work in close collaboration with a network of grassroots worker organizations around the world to strengthen workers’ ability to advocate for their rights. More information about ILRF is available at www.LaborRights.org.
The Senior Campaign Coordinator will carry out public campaign advocacy for workers’ rights, particularly as it relates to labor rights in globally traded agricultural commodities. The position is a senior level position within ILRF’s advocacy and campaigns team. Responsibilities include campaign coordination and strategy development, coalition building and networking, responding to urgent action requests, supporting ILRF’s communications needs, and fundraising. This job is an excellent opportunity to grow your understanding of global supply chain campaigns, trade policy and international labor rights advocacy.
Job responsibilities include:
• Develop, coordinate and implement corporate campaigns focusing on ILRF’s agricultural commodity supply chain campaigns. This includes desk and field research, media and public relations, corporate and government pressure tactics, e-activism, coalition building and partner development.
• Facilitate the Thai Seafood Working Group, a coalition of nearly 60 human rights, labor and environmental organizations that develop and advocate for improved working conditions in Thailand, which includes:
Maintain regular communications with members and other stakeholders
Organize regular Working Group calls
Foster consensus-based decisions and coordinate joint actions
• Support communications and strategy development for the Cotton Campaign to end state-sponsored forced labor in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
• Coordinate additional ILRF programs in seafood and other agricultural commodity supply chains as required.
• Write, edit and design content for ILRF’s website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, campaign materials, funding and outreach materials, e-mail communications, action alerts and press releases.
• Draft, design, and assist in the publication of reports, case studies, and analysis for partners, funders and other target audiences.
• Represent ILRF publically at speaking events, conferences, webinars, coalition meetings, actions and in the media.
• Cultivate individual and organizational donors through relationship development, events and writing proposals.
• Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of campaign strategies and integrate findings into future activities.
• Write grant applications and reports.
• Five years’ experience in social/economic justice campaigning
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to lead group discussions in a way that incorporates diverse views and draws consensus
• Tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Suite
• A good understanding of media messaging and framing
• Experience in online community management and in using social media to engage an online audience
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple work streams
• Self-motivated with ability to work well independently
• Enthusiasm for travel, particularly to build ILRF networks and alliances
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience organizing demonstrations, creative actions, and educational events
• Experience as a trainer, workshop leader, or public speaker
• Experience with content management systems, website editing, creating graphics and Adobe suite (particularly InDesign)
Salary commensurate with experience with an excellent benefits plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample (2-page max) to email@example.com.