You were born for helping other people and love to solve problems! You have an analytical and strategic mind, but you also enjoy to process financial information. Your are reliable and enjoying taking responsibility! You have good communication and persuasion skills or you want to develop them. You are ambitious, results-oriented, positive, energetic and self-disciplined. You do what needs to be done but always try to get the best out of every situation -- you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals.
Job description - what you will get to do:
- Preparation, review and analysis of quarterly accounts including accounting reports and investor reports;
- Preparation of annual budgets, annual financial statements and year-end paperwork;
- Identification of variances and discrepancies against budgets and forecasts and escalate concerns to management where necessary;
- Support both the short and long-term business planning to create meaningful financial plans that guide the organization;
- Conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources with focus on financial information (budgets, budget explanations);
- Coordinate reporting to donors and grants (both financial and evidence based reporting);
- Determine requirements for new job positions, place job advertisement, arrange interviews and determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants;
- Administer personnel policies and processes – including hiring paperwork, benefits and leaves;
- Processing of staff reimbursements;
- Processing monthly payroll;
- Issuing invoices to customers, tracking payments and updating billing control files;
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the organisation’s finances;
- Office Management.
- Degree in Business, Economics, or other related fields;
- 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred;
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written in Portuguese (>= C1) and English (>= C1). Other languages are a plus;
- Have a “hands on” approach and excellent problem solving and analytical skills (attention to detail and accuracy is critical);
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks completion is required. Ability to meet deadlines with quality results often in situations of high urgency;
- Ability to manage multiple projects that require interaction with various types of information;
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities and deadlines where prioritization is key;
- Motivated and willing to learn;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally;
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work;
- Be passionate about the three social S’s: social entrepreneurship, social innovation and social impact;
- Have a good sense of humor - and we are not even joking.
What else do you need to know?
- This is a position based in Lisbon;
- You will report to our CEO;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.
- Personal development plan and financial support for your training;
- Treat yourself: monthly budget to treat yourself and energise (Gym membership, Yoga classes, Meditation or Nutritionist);
- Fun team events;
- Paid vacation day on your birthday;
- Wear-whatever-makes-you-feel-comfortable dress code;
- Paid days off as performance bonus;
- Flexible schedule and ability to work remote;
- Learn languages, cultures and more about the world: free access to SPEAK experience - learn languages, cultures and more about the world.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, title, location of position and also a short video (maximum 2 min long) letting us know who you are, why are you applying for this position and why you want to be part of SPEAK.