ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change (COC) is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced, and highly dedicated Executive Assistant to the Director of Individual Partnerships. The ideal candidate will be an administrative professional committed to getting results in a fast-paced, collaborative, and strategic growth-focused environment. This position, and is ideal for an impeccably organized, superbly detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in racial and social justice issues. If you’re passionate about utilizing your expertise and administrative skills to enhance daily workflow and impact during this unique time in history, we want you to bring your talents and acumen into the inner workings of the movement.
This position is based in our Washington, DC, New York, or Oakland Office and reports to the Director of Individual Partnerships.
Calendar Management & Complex Travel Coordination
- Coordinate the Director of Individual Partnership’s schedule with a strong understanding of shifting and regular priorities to maximize impact and workflow
- Lead scheduling internally and externally with various internal teams on behalf of the Director of Individual Partnerships, acting as a key liaison and representative for the Director of Individual Partnership’s Office
- Flawlessly manage and coordinate various travel arrangements for the Director of Individual Partnership and/or those collaborating with the Director of Individual Partnership’s Office, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and impeccable attention to detail with shifting needs and priorities
- Coordinate and execute logistics for all Director of Individual Partnership hosted meetings and events, coordinating contractors and vendors as needed
- Create meetings and associated timelines; prepare and distribute meeting notifications, agenda materials, and manage all correspondence and meeting execution with the highest level of accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
Data Entry & Records Management
- Ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality control for the Director of Individual Partnership’s financial reports, tracking and reconciling all expenses in collaboration with the Finance department
- Complete and submit Director of Individual Partnership’s timesheets and department invoices effectively and efficiently, minimizing any margin of error or risk
- Collaborate with other departments to produce and/or collect accurate data for reports and other actionable items for the Director of Individual Partnership’s Office
- Manage and update the Director of Individual Partnership’s Office shared files with the most current content for the Director of Individual Partnership’s briefings, travel, meeting schedule, etc. with ultimate discretion
- Take meeting notes and share next steps with collaborators as needed; attend board and working group meetings, record and circulate minutes
Additional Administrative Responsibilities
- Routinely exercise discretion while assisting the Director of Individual Partnership in enforcing management policies and general business operations for COC
- Lead and support administrative projects; ensuring that they are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner, continually updating the Director of Individual Partnership with status reports
- Provide support for other administrative positions and duties as required, including event management
- Travel independently and with the Director of Individual Partnership (10-30-50%) in support of engagements
The ideal candidate will be extremely proactive and convey administrative excellence, exercising complete discretion and poise under pressure, while demonstrating effective written and oral communication skills. Candidates with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments will excel in this role.
You should have:
- A minimum of 3-6 years of experience in an administrative role supporting Senior/C-suite executive(s) or an Executive level office (nonprofit/social justice organization experience preferred)
- Significant demonstrated experience crafting internal and external facing client/partner communications and high-level proficiency in MS Office
- Impeccable verbal, written, research, communication and deck creation skills, and experience
- Demonstrated alignment with Color Of Change’s mission, and a strong commitment to racial and/or social justice
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise terms (verbally and written)
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators, based in various office locations or working remotely
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative in an environment with shifting priorities
- Able to work independently in a face-paced environment, with a proactive approach
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, and travel (10-30-50%)
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to exercise absolute discretion
The salary for the Executive Assistant position is $72,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Go to www.colorofchange.org/careers and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.