1342 Florida Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
PAVE (Parents Amplifying Voices in Education) is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to connect, inform, and empower parent leaders to give families in DC a voice and a choice in the vision for education in our city. In the vision of PAVE, parents are partners and leaders in developing a diversity of safe, nurturing, and great schools for every child in every ward and community.
PAVE is dedicated to creating an environment where the vision for education in DC is not created for children and families but rather with children and families, shifting and changing the dynamics of power in our city so that communities and parents are partners in creating great schools in DC. PAVE intentionally and constructively asks parents to engage in education policy in DC, creates opportunities for parents to lead and advocate, helps parents to understand the system, builds relationships between parents and those who are making and influencing the education landscape in DC, and advocates on behalf of great school options and equitable supports for all children, regardless of sector.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Development Coordinator is an integral part of the PAVE team, providing essential support to the Chief of Staff and the Executive Director. The Development Coordinator will focus on external communications, fundraising, donor engagement, and event planning that support and advance PAVE’s mission.
Communications and Social Media
- Produce monthly content for the PAVE Post (the organization’s monthly newsletter)
- Develop content for website blog and/or news section to ensure informative and centralized online presence
- Manage stakeholder contact database; ensure complete and up to date databases in MailChimp
- Review community events calendars to identify relevant events and disseminate information to PAVE’s network
- Produce social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Oversee Hootsuite and input regular and tailored content
- Track social media analytics in data tracker and develop long-term strategy for social media and communications impact
- Provide ongoing donor database updates and maintenance in Salesforce; track donor information
- Work with Executive Director to schedule meetings with donors
- Identify potential donors in alignment with PAVE’s mission and goals
- Draft cultivation emails on behalf of Executive Director; track follow-up and interest
- Prepare materials in advance of donor and cultivation meetings
- Manage Click and Pledge and ensure systematized tracking during appeals and campaigns
Grants and Reports
- Track grant and grant reporting deadlines; provide ongoing updates and ensure timely drafting and submission
- Write first drafts of reports, letters of inquiry, proposals, and concept papers; edit in collaboration with Chief of Staff
- Carry out ongoing prospect research of foundation and corporate opportunities to build a robust annual grants calendar
Branding and Marketing
Collateral Materials and Print Media
- Manage the development, creation, distribution, and maintenance of all collateral materials, including but not limited to: newsletters, brochures, flyers, and our annual report in collaboration with our design consultant
Branding and Marketing Materials
- Design branded and consistent swag materials for dissemination at education fairs, PAVE events, and PAVE meetings.
Event Planning and support
- Support with logistical planning for PAVE events including, but not limited to: the PAVE Parent Policy Summit, elected official breakfasts and luncheons, and panels
- Lead communications initiatives around events (including invitations, newsletter updates, press releases, and responses to inquiries)
- Identify potential funding outlets for events to increase revenue
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Chief of Staff to cultivate event sponsors
Assist the Chief of Staff and Executive Director in other matters as identified and assigned.
The Development Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to PAVE’s mission. The Special Projects Coordinator should have a background in education, non-profit work, and/or start-up environments. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- 1-5 years of work experience; AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply;
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Professional experience with a range of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) highly preferred;
- Advanced Proficiency of a range technology-based platforms and processes highly preferred, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Wordpress; MailChimp; Asana; Google Apps; Salesforce;
- Previous experience in fundraising a strong plus, including grantwriting, prospecting, and cultivation;
- Past success working with strategic partners, with the ability to cultivate existing relationships, particularly with potential donors;
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadlines, particularly around scheduling and copy editing;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Previous experience with creating outreach materials; familiarity with design and layout a plus;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced, start-up environment;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with diverse groups of people; and
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, and generous annual vacation days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application - Development Coordinator