555 Richmond St. W
Suite 1101, POB 407
We’re looking for a talented individual for the position of Multimedia Content Creator to join the IFEX Secretariat team.
The Big Picture: IFEX’s vision is one where everyone is free to exercise their right to freedom of expression and information without fear, and is able to access, generate and share ideas and information any way they choose.
We are: A dynamic and diverse network of over 115 non-governmental organisations worldwide that defend and promote the right to freedom of expression and information.
We are seeking: Someone who has a natural love of visual storytelling and graphic design and experience developing first-rate graphical assets. An individual who has a keen eye in creating compelling content that reaches the right audience at the right time, in the right place. A curious trend searcher, who likes to experiment with formats and tools and challenge themselves.
The job: You will work within the IFEX Communications team to support the development and implementation of engaging online, offline and internal communications materials. Your priorities will be to:
● Produce engaging, creative digital content in various forms: photo, video, gif, infographic, motion animation; static (Twitter cards, jpg, pds, etc.); html.
● Set standards for Social Media graphics including (but not exclusively) Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn.
● Manage design components of newsletters (e.g. changing HTML templates).
● Produce IFEX-branded donor reports and promotional materials.
● Proactively research and incorporate the latest trends in visual and multimedia production and content delivery.
● Ensure that all visual content clearly communicates our brand key messages.
- Technical or university degree in a related field, with applied experience in: digital and print design experience; recording and editing video and audio; writing and editing for social media
- Familiarity with most of the following: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Indesign, CMS (Wordpress, Drupal), Hootsuite, HTML 5
- Ability to repurpose materials for different platforms
- Ability to manage design in multiple languages
- Passionate about human rights, freedom of expression and democratic development issues
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently and under pressure
- Respectful in all communications with people from various cultures and backgrounds
- Awareness of online safety and security protocols
The workplace: The work is rewarding as well as demanding and dynamic, dealing with diverse and challenging issues. We are committed to maintaining a working environment that is positive, professional and collaborative.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a CV and a statement of interest along with your application via email by 28 March 2018 to email@example.com with “Hiring Committee: IFEX Multimedia Content Creator” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
IFEX encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work. To learn more about IFEX and its work, please visit our website at www.ifex.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing inclusive, barrier free selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an interview, please advise us of accommodation measures which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated in confidence.