Details: upper 30k-low 40K
1801 Mississippi Avenue Southeast
THEARC WEST, 3rd Floor
District of Columbia
AppleTree’s mission is to close the achievement gap before children get to kindergarten by providing three- and four-year-olds with the social, emotional, and cognitive foundations that enable them to succeed in school. AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School has operated since 2005 and currently serves nearly 1200 students across ten schools.
When you join AppleTree, you join a community of professionals who are dedicated to the mission, motivated by their peers, and poised for career growth. AppleTree values employees’ long-term career goals and is supportive in helping employees reach their fullest potential as a valued team member. One of AppleTree’s core values is continuous improvement, and the operations team is excited about professional growth opportunities that will be offered through its pipeline. AppleTree’s operations team is in search of an Operations Coordinator for one of its public charter schools, and the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all operations and compliance duties necessary for operating a successful public charter school.
The Operations Coordinator position plays an integral and centralized role in supporting the daily operational and administrative tasks of the AppleTree PCS campus. They are the primary person charged with interfacing with school visitors, while maintaining stellar school operations. Operations Coordinators are jointly supervised by AppleTree’s Director of Operations and Compliance and the campus-based School Principal. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented, personable, upbeat, has excellent written and oral communication skills and is able to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains compliance with necessary programs
- Manages National School Lunch/Breakfast Program
- Reviews and approves parent applications for participation
- Responsible for managing program costs with respect to school meal orders, consumption, and USDA reimbursables
- Ensures compliance with program as directed by the Director of Operations and Compliance
- Maintains student health records and keeps parents informed about immunizations compliance
Manages enrollment operations
- Maintains student enrollment files and upkeeps its organization
- Manages campus enrollment and wait list protocols using AppleTree’s application and enrollment software
- Collects and assists with application materials, compliance forms, and informational forms
- Creates and maintains student enrollment files, ensuring 100% accuracy of residency files and student information to support a successful annual child count/audit outcomes
Maintains and monitors student records
- Monitors daily classroom attendance reporting and verifies accuracy of reported attendance data
- Updates student contact and demographics information system (via PowerSchool) as needed
- Ensures proper documentation is provided for all student medications.
Supports student services accounts receivables
- Completes payment deposits via campus check-scanner for the Home Office, as assigned
- Provides technical support to parents in order to facilitate payment on student service fees
- Tracks and reports monthly billing documents and collects payments when necessary for billable student services (i.e. before and after-school programs and school meals program)
Manages general campus operations
- Reports and monitors campus-level operations and compliance data using operations dashboard
- Responsible for managing campus budget in collaboration with School Principal and Director of Operations and Compliance
- Responsible for ordering and inventorying all school, classroom, office, and janitorial supplies
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe school environment, with the support and collaboration of the School Principal and teaching team
- Creates form letters and documents as requested
- Coordinates monthly fire drills and emergency preparedness protocols
- Follows all established policies and procedures to ensure safety and security of students and staff
- Greets and monitors all site visitors, following all established policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of the school
Contributes to a community of practice
- Demonstrates excellent internal/external customer service skills
- Maintains positive relationships with students’ families and guests to the school.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Allocates time and resources effectively and fairly.
- Participates in Operations Team Meetings and seeks out professional development for oneself.
- Communicates professionally and respectfully with adults and students.
- Fulfills the standards of professionalism including appropriate dress, attendance and timeliness.
Candidates for the Operations Coordinator position must have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent (degree from 4-year college preferred) and two years of experience working in an administrative or school setting. Candidates must be energetic, reliable, integrity driven and have strong communication skills to ensure effective, positive interactions with the teaching teams, staff, parents and children. Candidates must have knowledge of clerical practices and procedures, computer skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills. They are expected to be highly organized and task-oriented, with little assistance. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
The preceding description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Operations Coordinator.
Excellent Health Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go to our online portal at www.appletreeinstitute.org/careers, click on open positions and apply! If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No emailed resumes or phone calls accepted, please. We look forward to seeing your application.