Role & Responsibilities
As a member of Medair’s HR Specialist Team, which includes the Learning & Development and Talent Development functions, the Learning and Talent Development Officer is responsible for implementing key initiatives and activities related to both functions. This position works in conjunction with the Learning and Development Advisor and the HR Specialists Manager.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people as well as manage and develop Medair’s people, culture and organisational capacity.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Support Office (GSO), Nairobi, Kenya, with occasional visits to Medair Ecublens (CH) office. Kenyan or those with a valid work permit for Kenya, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Learning Management System
- Produce timely reports and analysis on the organisational Learning Management System usage.
- Manage learner accounts on the Learning Management System, including adding new users when they attend GSO for induction.
- Monitor and respond to Medair’s Learning Support Email Inbox, advising with the L&D Advisor.
Learning and Development events
- Correspond with trainers and managing venues, travel, accommodation and facilities arrangements for learning and development events in compliance with Medair’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate course requirements and details to participants, facilities, trainers and external suppliers and answering questions. Prepare trainings materials to meet learning needs.
- Collate and analyse evaluation forms to recommend amendments to programmes and reporting.
Organisational Learning, Promotion and Reporting
- Create content, including stories and statistics, about L&D in Medair for various forms of internal and external communication.
- Stay informed of potential offerings and update the Learning Catalogue and Learning Platform with new opportunities. Produce reports on L&D activity using agreed HR performance indicators.
- Produce and maintain L&D records and coordinate the transition to the HR Information System.
Talent Development Tools
- Create/update tools pertaining to performance reviews, development plans, and for coaching and training leaders and employees on the talent development cycle and succession planning.
- Support creation of a competency matrix, including through innovative application or software.
Talent Development Coordination
- Monitor and track performance and development reviews in coordination with HR Partners.
- Liaise with HR and Recruitment Partners in ensuring talent pipeline and succession planning records are up to date and fitting current organizational needs.
- Organise regular Talent Pipeline reviews for key stakeholders, leading in absence of Talent Development Advisor.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field. Operational knowledge and understanding of HR/Talent Development/Learning and Development activities is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
- Previous experience in HR or field related to training and development.
- Proficient with MS Office tools. Experience with Microsoft Teams / Office 365 / Social Media desirable.
- Learning Management System or another records management/database system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with external suppliers and participate in remote Skype/ Teams meetings with the Specialist Team in GSO or other places.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector or previous position in an INGO is a plus.
- Organisation and time management skills, effective verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and adapt to changing demands.
- Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude. Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team. Flexibility to adjust to internal and external change.
- Capable of working in a multicultural, remote and fast-paced environment.
- Creativity in communicating and promoting engagement in Talent Development and Learning and Development activities across the organisation. Creativity when coming up with coaching and communication materials. Ability to transcript mapping of a process in a simple & comprehensive way.