7800 Detroit Avenue
Catholic Charities - Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the 5th year in a row as one of 'The Plain Dealer's Top Workplaces'. As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio.
MRS resettles approximately 450 refugees annually from countries including Bhutan, Burma, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Ukraine. We respect the dignity of each person and provide a supportive environment where each individual and culture is celebrated. Building upon the courage and strength of these newcomers, we seek to empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
The Job Readiness & Self Sufficiency Instructor will ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission vision and values of Catholic Charities. This position will teach participants job search techniques; job readiness and life skills; and how to use various methods and tools to improve their likelihood of employment and job retention. The Job Readiness &Self Sufficiency Instructor will also, complete initial employability assessments on assigned clients and determine additional education needs such as GED classes and/or computer skills training.
Please note to be considered for this position, candidates must possess experience teaching ESOL students.
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Services, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must have experience in a classroom setting; taught workshops, seminars etc. 1-2 years experience teaching adults preferred.
- Knowledge of the needs and characteristics of adult learners preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge and utilization of community resources.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, dependable and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with diverse client population and community organizations as well as staff at all levels.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Needs to show patience and courtesy when working with people is a necessity.
- Good working knowledge of computers with familiarity of Microsoft Office.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
Minimum Education Required