Details: Commensurate with experience
One Pierrepont Plaza - Suite 901
Program Performance and Planning
The Development Writer is responsible for preparing fundraising materials, including foundation grants and reports. In addition, the Development Writer may contribute to other written materials, including annual reports, Graham’s website, and marketing materials.
The Development Writer will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment that focuses on results achieved through initiative, open communication, reflection, learning, and teamwork.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Write foundation and other program-focused proposals and reports (e.g. for individual or corporate donors interested in specific program areas) in a style that is consistent with other Graham materials.
- Follow foundation guidelines carefully, interview program leaders to develop proposal content, prepare required attachments, and submit proposals in advance of deadlines.
- Work closely with the budget team to develop proposal budgets.
- In preparing foundation reports, collect needed information from program staff, prepare expense reports in collaboration with the budget team, and work closely with performance analysts to incorporate data into a narrative about program successes and plans to address areas for improvement.
- Conduct outreach to prospective foundation funders and liaise with current funders to learn about opportunities, guidelines, and timelines.
- Plan and participate in foundation site visits, as appropriate.
- Prepare other written materials, as needed.
- Provide other assistance to the Program Performance and Planning team, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience in child-welfare, education, or social services preferred or a quick learner
- Demonstrated experience writing grant proposals and experience achieving fundraising results preferred
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including donors, prospective donors, staff, youth, and families
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be hospitable, flexible, a team player, and have a passion for children and families
- Must be willing to travel throughout NYC and to Westchester, as needed.
Commensurate with experience
Based in our Brooklyn Office but should be willing to travel throughout NYC and to Westchester, as needed.
Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a writing sample along with your resume.
Please click on link below to apply: