About Readers 2 Leaders
Readers 2 Leaders is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to helping all children in Dallas read at or above grade level. Our mission is to develop and grow the reading skills of Dallas children ages 3-10 so that they succeed in school, graduate and leave school prepared to live productive lives.
We recognize that students who don't read on grade level by third grade are four times less likely to graduate high school, and we work to help all our students beat the odds. We operate Booktown Learning Center, home of our flagship After-School Program and community lending library. We also provide in- and after-school reading tutoring within Dallas ISD and charter school networks.
Readers 2 Leaders seeks a full time literacy instructional coach to help support our mission to develop and grow the reading skills of children in Dallas, ages 3-12 yrs. Our programs include high-quality reading intervention which help children read at or above grade level. The position requires daytime availability as well as dependable transportation for site visits. Instructional Coaches are vital to the organization; overseeing curriculum implementation, providing instructional training and support, and cultivating program partnerships.
Instructional Coach Responsibilities
- Support instructors in implementing explicit, systematic phonics instruction and small group reading practice for students grades Kindergarten - 5th, in both school day and after-school programs.
- Support instructors in deepening their content and pedagogical knowledge related to early literacy instruction using commercially available and self-created professional learning materials
- Execute a clear roadmap for leading instructor teams to achieve student outcomes
- Facilitate idea sharing and collaboration in a group setting
- Develop and empower instructor teams in collaborating for outcomes by reflecting on practice, analyzing data, and looking at student work toward the goal of improving student outcomes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Collaborate with school partners to maximize student success
- Model and/or observe tutoring sessions, in both school day and after-school programs, conducting regular site visits.
- Support and develop instructors’ ability to:
- Make informed instructional decisions by examining student work and interpreting student data
- Identify and prioritize needs and goals of individual students Implement best practices in explicit, systematic phonics and reading comprehension strategies
- Coordinate and oversee all student assessments
- Create a professional development plan which supports instructors in the successful implementation of all literacy programs.
- Ensure all curriculum is implemented with fidelity.
- College degree, preferably masters, with an emphasis on education/literacy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coaching educators in the field of literacy
- Experience in teaching reading, especially at the lower elementary level
- Knowledge/experience in Guided Reading instruction
- Knowledge/experience in explicit, systematic phonics
- Experience working in a Title 1 environment at the elementary level
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish: advanced proficiency level
Salary and Benefits
- $63,000 - $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- Full-time employee health insurance premiums paid by R2L
- Dental and vision plans available
- Retirement plan
- 25 days paid time off plus most holidays
- Work from home on Fridays