The FIDH is looking for an individual with motivation and experience in the field of fundraising to fill the position of Director of Fundraising. This new position meets with the organisation’s objectives for development in order strengthen partnerships and relations with funders and donors, and to diversify its sources of funding.
Based in Paris at the FIDH International Secretariat, the Director of Fundraising manages this department whose purpose is to give FIDH the capacity to find sustainable resources to fulfil its mandate. The Director works closely with members of the International Secretariat, under the supervision and responsibility of the Executive Directorate
This assignment requires strong inter-personal, pro-active skills and a firm commitment to the development of the associative sector and partnerships with funders and donors.
The main assignments of the Director of Fundraising are:
- improving the way subsidies are obtained and monitored;
- strengthening a ‘funder- and donor-centered culture’;
- implementing fundraising tools that are modern and effective ;
- developing new methods of fundraising especially from individual donors and business enterprises.
The Director of Fundraising oversees the preparation and implementation of the fundraising strategy.
S/he is the primary contact for funders and donors who provide funding and institutional support / core funding, and together with the Executive Directorate, negotiate and submit funding requests and monitor how the allocated funds are used.
The Director of Fundraising, together with his/her team identifies, solicits and monitors support for the FIDH organisation and its activities in keeping with FIDH strategic priorities as well as the funding policies of a broad range of public funders, private foundations, donors, enterprises and business foundations.
The Director of Fundraising and his/her team assists the FIDH departments (operational support, advocacy and communications), with their funding requests for programmes and projects, especially by verifying the consistency of the programmes/projects with their activities and the corresponding budgets;
the preparation of reports to funders on the use of these funds, working closely with the Finance and Administration Department.
The Director of Fundraising and his/her team coordinate the development of relations with funders and donors, both current or new, working closely with the Communications Department, especially on:
- the communication of pertinent, targeted information on FIDH activities;
- funding appeals;
- the activation and management of the support network.
The Director of Fundraising participates in the development of corporate sponsorship working closely with the Executive Directorate and the Globalisation Desk.
The Director’s managerial functions are to:
- supervise the members of the Fundraising Desk;
- contribute to the internal evaluations, which includes the development, uptake and use of evaluation tools;
- enhance synergy between the desks and the departments to ensure integration of fundraising and strategic development;
- ensure external representation;
- participate in the management team.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a similar position;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English; knowledge of another language is an asset;
- International career and knowledge of human rights issues;
- Good communication skills, ability to represent FIDH and work efficiently with a variety of stakeholders: colleagues, operational teams, management, political representatives, Boards of Directors, funders and donors;
- Commitment to the goals of FIDH and motivation to work in the non-profit sector
- Contract of indeterminate duration (CDI), full time, to start as soon as possible
- Contract according to French law, 35 hours/week
- Location: FIDH headquarters in Paris, France
- Deadline for applications: May 31st
Level of Language Proficiency
English, French. Knowledge of another language would be an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a CV and a cover letter by May 31st showing the post reference (FUNDOF-05-18) in the “Subject” line of your email, to the following address: