Details: $26.57 per hour, 35 hours per week, in accordance with collective bargaining agreement
625 Andover Park West
POSITION: Financial Manager. This position includes bookkeeping tasks, financial reporting, event planning, and office support functions.
Date Posted: August 9, 2018
Resumes accepted until: September 7, 2018
Salary: $26.57 per hour, 35 hours per week, in accordance with collective bargaining agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, and as part of the Administrative Support Team (AST), the Financial Manager will be responsible for bookkeeping, reporting, event planning, and administrative support tasks including:
· Bookkeeping including payables, per capita processing, and financial statement preparation.
· COPE (Committee on Political Education) reporting and contribution processing.
· Political finance reporting including Public Disclosure Commission and Seattle Ethical Elections Commission.
· Payroll processing including taxes, recordkeeping, and ACH management.
· Staff reimbursements to include mileage verification and payment.
· Preparation for the annual financial audit and support to auditor.
· Provide budget tracking and line item explanations.
· Scholarship processing.
· Equipment and service purchasing and subscription management.
· Event planning including vendor coordination and administrative support tasks.
· Staffing events as assigned.
· Supporting the executive board, committees, and councils as assigned.
· Proofing and review of financial or confidential documents.
· Performing other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
· Conducting union local treasurer training.
· A minimum of three years’ experience as a financial manager, bookkeeper, or other similar role.
· A demonstrated writing ability and the ability to communicate financial information to a layperson.
· Experience working as a member of a team, including planning and implementing projects with team members.
· Limited travel for events.
· Familiarity with use of spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
· Familiarity with QuickBooks.
· Understanding of the concept and use of a racial/social equity lens as related to individual and organizational processes, practices, and programs.
· Recognizes the need for ongoing development of one’s understanding of institutionalized oppression, and values personal growth in this arena.
· Ability to effectively reach out to underrepresented communities within the AFT Washington membership as well as the broader community.
· Experience working with ORCA and political reporting.
· Experience with union financial reporting and recordkeeping.
· Working knowledge of Washington’s labor community, and the coalitions and organizations with which AFT Washington participates.
· High proficiency with MS Office software.
· High proficiency with QuickBooks.
The first ninety (90) days of employment shall be probationary.
Please forward resume and three references to:
James To, Operations Manager
AFT Washington, AFL-CIO
Attn: Financial Manager Position
625 Andover Park West, Suite 111
Tukwila, WA 98188
For technical questions about AFT Washington, please call James To at 206.495.5967.
AFT Washington is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is represented by OPEIU Local 8.
Become a fan on Facebook
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance through OPEIU Local 8 plan.
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Employer funded pension plan and voluntary 401k plan.
Minimum Education Required