1531 James M Wood Boulevard
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest human services providers in California and operates a variety of programs to serve the poor. The agency strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources needed to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Catholic Charities is seeking a Development and Communications Manager to work in the corporate office in downtown Los Angeles and report to the Chief Development and Communications Officer.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Researches potential major donors, foundations, corporations and government agencies for specific central administration and multi‑Region/program needs.
- Reviews literature dealing with funds available through contracts from governmental agencies, and grants from private foundations and corporations, to determine feasibility of applying for grants and contracts to fund central and Regional programs.
- Obtains requests for proposals (RFPs) issued by governmental agencies.
- Discusses program requirements and budgets with Region/program personnel.
- Writes proposals to foundations, corporations and government agencies for specific central administration and multi‑Region/program needs.
- Compiles annual United Way and EFSP allocation requests.
- Maintains a list of foundations and corporations reserved by the Regions/programs to avoid duplication and records of the dates of the subsequent letters of inquiry and proposals.
- Reviews all letters of inquiry, proposals and applications written to corporations and foundations by Regions/programs and forwards to the Chief Development and Communications Officer.
- Maintains master file of all submitted proposals, contract applications and signed contracts and any amendments, modifications and renewals to the contracts.
- Maintains files of government, foundation and corporation background information, Annual Reports, application guidelines and history of donations to Catholic Charities.
- Prepares monthly report to remind Regions/programs to follow up with foundations, corporations or agencies to which the proposals are submitted.
- Maintains a report of due dates for grant/contract reports to comply with grant/contract requirements.
- Assists Region/program personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements.
- Writes articles for quarterly newsletter and compiles program information and statistics for text of Annual Report; updates website and Facebook page.
- Assists Chief Development and Communications Officer in preparing for special events, such as Annual Golf Tournament, Christmas Gala etc., including post-event evaluation.
- Operates the Raiser’s Edge donor data base; generates mailing lists and reports and analyze information; keeps Raiser's Edge coding system updated.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- minimum of three years’ relevant development experience. Grant writing experience required.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism for interacting with donors, staff and management.
- Excellent written, communication and editing skills.
- High level of computer knowledge including familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fund raising software.
- Experience with website, Facebook administration and other social media sites.
Hours: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm;
Generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plan. Also eligible for 15 days of vacation per year and 10 sick days per year with 12 paid holidays per year.
Minimum Education Required