The Central Alabama Fair Housing Center (CAFHC) is a private non-profit advocacy organization founded in 1995 to promote equal housing opportunity and to combat housing discrimination in a 29-county region of central Alabama.
Title: Education and Outreach Specialist (Part-Time)
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing fair housing education and outreach plans in accordance with grant requirements.
- Work with Program Manager and Executive Director to build partnerships with organizations and community groups to promote fair housing education.
- Manage scheduling and implement trainings.
- Assist in developing and expanding trainings that meet the needs of housing providers, community groups, cities and municipalities, as requested.
- Build partnerships with organizations and community groups to promote fair housing education.
- Assist in planning and implementing the annual fair housing Summit.
- Assist project manager and subcontractors in developing videos and PowerPoint presentations for training.
- Assist subcontractors in identifying, creating & scheduling content for social media accounts, e-news, editorials, LinkedIn and additional projects as needed.
- Participate in grant reporting and applications as needed.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or experience in social justice and/or civil rights.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to educate a wide variety of individuals on the fair housing law and programs of Central Alabama Fair Housing Center.
- Demonstrated commitment to fair housing and/or civil rights.
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the state, personal vehicle required.
This is a temporary part-time position. Salary is commensurate with similarly-situated nonprofit advocacy organizations, and based on experience and qualifications.
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is June 12, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required