Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
Our team is growing and we are looking to build it up with passionate racial justice advocates, tech experts—at the top of their game, and really nice people to boot! We're proud of our balanced culture and informal team structure. We hope you'll come and fall in love with it yourself.
The Product Team at Color Of Change is looking for a skilled, hard-working Senior Web Developer to help build amazing experiences for some of the biggest racial justice campaigns in the world.
You'll be leading the development of static, dynamic (Python/Django & WordPress), and single page applications. You might even build a mobile app using React Native. Every day will be different—you'll learn more than you ever thought possible.
You will be a part of a growing Web and Product Development team helping our campaigns, media and storytelling, and political action teams transform how they engage their most important people.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will:
- Work with other disciplines on the Product Development team including: UX, design, content, and project management; often acting as the Lead Developer on the project.
- Use modern web standards to build dynamic, responsive websites and applications.
- Support ongoing projects and make improvements to existing code.
- Establish development standards and processes to maintain those standards.
- Work directly with stakeholders to interpret requirements
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions.
- Produce quality work on a tight schedule, delivering on time and on budget.
- Actively communicate status with project managers and other stakeholders throughout the course of a project.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Understand what’s new and exciting (yet practical) and help push our team forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of full-time experience in a professional development work environment with cross-discipline teams.
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at an organization with a strong engineering culture
- Experience as a direct contributor to the design/scope feedback cycle and estimating complex projects.
- Ability to manage internal expectations, balancing scope and timelines, and translate requests from non-technical people into asks of very technical people.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles and translating into fluid and responsive templates.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility.
- Comfort with version control (especially Git) and using the command line.
- Experience configuring and theming Drupal, Wordpress, DjangoCMS or another CMS.
- Experience working with third-party APIs or decoupled CMSs.
- Some familiarity with PHP and SQL queries or other back-end technologies.
- Experience with an agile or semi-agile workflow.
- Experience with debugging and unit testing frameworks.
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication.
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work extended work hours and/or weekends, and holidays as required.
- Enough backend-end experience to call yourself a full-stack developer.
- You contribute to code reviews and help junior team members level up.
- Previous experience in a consulting/client-oriented occupation.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Go to ink (https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0121k) and submit a resume, COC-specific cover letter and GitHub link.