1012 14th Street, NW
The Justice Policy Institute (JPI) seeks a full-time Operations Coordinator, with a passion for social justice, to join our Washington, D.C. based team. JPI is a national nonprofit dedicated to reducing the use of incarceration and the justice system by promoting fair and effective policies. JPI does this through groundbreaking research and analysis, strategic communications, organizing, and technical assistance to advocates and policymakers.
The full-time Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing support in three core areas – office administration, human resources, and general administrative assistance. The position calls for team player with strong organization and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Working under the direction of the Development and Finance Manager, the Operations Coordinator will assist in:
- Maintain general office operations and supplies (contact with building management, file management, supply inventory, etc.); handle tenant leasing logistics (send monthly rental invoices and maintain accurate records);
- Serve as point of contact for vendors and consultants, corresponding to ensure service levels are being met and in compliance with agreements;
- Assist in accounts payable and receivables (process payments; reconcile monthly company credit card statements; assist staff with personal reimbursements; etc.).
- Support general HR functions, including: maintaining accurate and organized files for personnel and benefits; assisting in the administration of health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes, and terminations; assisting with recruitment and interview processes for staff and interns; conducting new hire processes and orientation (prepare offer letter, personnel packet and file, etc.);
- Support the administration of payroll, including payroll data entry into accounting software;
- Assist in other HR activities to improve organizational productivity and culture (i.e. staff retention, culture building, reviewing and updating processes and procedures, etc.).
- Provide administrative support for meetings and events as needed (scheduling, logistics, material preparation, note-taking, etc.);
- Provide administrative project support to JPI staff, including support to the executive director;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Non-profit experience preferred, but not required;
- One to three years experience as an office assistant and/or executive assistant;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe and basic database management; experience in QuickBooks preferred, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line “Operations Coordinator.” Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
JPI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system involvement.