If you relish a fast-paced environment, thrive on deadlines, and enjoy the world of non-profit development and marketing, then this position may be for you! We are seeking a detail-oriented and creative person for the role of Administrative Assistant in the Development department.
In this capacity, you will serve as the primary support staff for all Development Directors, Managers and Regional Directors in the Department of Development. With generic department responsibilities and specific program area duties, you will be a crucial cog in the efficient functioning of the department, supporting fund-raising and stewardship activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and mailing of donor gift acknowledgements, pledge reminders, paid balance notices and paid ahead letters.
- Raiser’s Edge database updates, report preparation and distribution
- Supporting a variety of events and meetings by tasks such as developing invitation lists, mailing invitations, generating name tags, tracking and recording RSVPs, checking-in and greeting guests, etc.
- Scheduling meetings and managing calendars as needed
Education & Experience:
A high school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree preferred
2-3 years of administrative experience; experience in a development or marketing office helpful
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Word and Excel; experience with mail merge procedures required
Experience with Access and /or fundraising database programs such as Raiser Edge preferred
Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its structure helpful
Other Desired Skills:
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent critical thinking ability and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
Minimum Education Required