70 Lincoln Center Plaza
FILM SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER
POSITION: Press & Industry Coordinator: NYFF
LOCATIONS: New York, New York
TERM: Seasonal (14 Weeks): 7/16/2018 to 10/22/2018
The Press & Industry coordinator is responsible for overseeing the P&I accreditation process, managing P&I ticketing and badge distribution, organizing press volunteers and liaising with the press throughout the festival.
- Manage the Press & Industry accreditation process by vetting applications, researching outlets, examining journalists’ clippings to determine legitimacy and impact, and reviewing journalists and industry members in question with the NYFF publicity team;
- Determine categorization of industry applicants with NYFF publicity and production teams;
- Handle all press and industry inquiries during the accreditation process, and follow up with applicants for any missing information;
- Liaise with NYFF volunteer coordinator to manage press volunteers during the festival;
- Manage press ticket requests and distribution throughout the festival;
- Update the approved press and industry lists throughout the festival;
- Manage the processing, creation, and delivery of P&I badges with the Operations Coordinator;
- Oversee the pick-up process for P&I badges throughout the festival, and train, schedule, and manage volunteers and interns distributing badges;
- Distribute press screening schedule to the accredited P&I lists throughout the festival.
- Assist the publicity team at NYFF press screenings and events as needed;
- Deliver a wrap report detailing the press and industry accreditation process and provide suggestions for future improvements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Festival Experience required experience in publicity preferred;
- Ability to maintain focus and calm under pressure;
Reports to Director of Publicity
Minimum Education Required