BUILD Boston is seeking a dynamic, full-time Executive Operations Manager (EOM) to manage the region’s administrative operations and provide support to the Regional Executive Director. This is a great opportunity for a strong project and relationship manager who delights in providing excellent customer service to external constituents and ensuring smooth operations that facilitate the success of their colleagues.
The EOM reports to the Regional Executive Director and is responsible for executive administrative support of them, including calendar coordination and project managing operational priorities. In addition, the EOM is responsible for office (virtual and in-person) management duties, updating the donor management database, communicating with external constituents via email and phone, maintaining regional calendars, coordinating regional meetings, event logistics, and implementing the core aspects of onboarding of new staff to the region. The EOM is responsible for all planning, logistics and support for Boston board meetings. The EOM will also manage cross-functional administrative special projects that advance the region’s strategic priorities and operations. The EOM will play a lead role in promoting a healthy organizational culture for BUILD Boston by developing, in partnership with their colleagues, cross-functional team-building activities. The EOM must be excellent at project management, flexible, an independent problem solver, fast learner, and have great attention to detail.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the Regional Executive Director’s calendar as well as inter- and intra- regional meetings
- Communicate with external constituents, including on behalf of the Regional Executive Director when appropriate
- Coordinate all logistics and provide support for Boston board meetings
- Coordinate All Staff meetings and ensure they are well executed
- Coordinate Regional Executive Director expense reporting, daily mail distribution and donation checks processing.
- Organize and manage the region's knowledge management and communication tools, including Google Drive and Slack and office phone system.
- Manage in-person office space and serve as administrative coordinator with building management.
- Support development efforts by helping to ensure accurate records of donors, prospects and development activity in the Raiser’s Edge database
- Support with onboarding processes for new staff and interns
- Manage relationships with external vendors and contractors
- Ensure the region is compliant with organization-wide operational/administrative standards, including knowledge management tools
- Lead on project managing cross-functional administrative special projects that advance the region’s strategic priorities and operations
- Promote a fun organizational culture for BUILD Boston by organizing social outings, and team building activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or transferable life experience
- At least three years of related work experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment supporting an executive and a cross-functional team
- Highly competent in the use of G-suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and video conferencing tools
Successful candidates will demonstrate BUILD’s Core Values and competencies through a combination of previous education/work experiences:
BUILD’s Core Values:
- Keep Students at the Center - As BUILDers, we hold an unwavering passionate commitment and belief in the power and potential of youth. Our organization exists to serve students. We seize each opportunity to contribute to the foundation of knowledge, skills, and networks from which students can build extraordinary lives. Our operating principles and decisions focus on what is in the best interest of our students.
- Bring the Spark - As BUILDers, we excel in the entrepreneurial Spark Skills that we teach our students - Communication, Collaboration, Problem Solving, Innovation, Grit and Self-Management. We communicate through transparent and honest dialogue. We cherish teamwork, tenacity, and thinking outside the box. We demonstrate a relentless pursuit of excellence and approach work with a positive can do attitude. When we bring the spark we achieve great things together, and we model the way for our students.
- Bridge Communities - As BUILDers, we develop and foster relationships in service of creating access and opportunities for our students, staff, and stakeholders. We value all who come to the table as partners to maximize our collective impact. By connecting the communities in which we work, we build empathy, equity, and social capital.
- Promote Diversity and Social Action - As BUILDers, we understand that Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matters, but what matters even more is Action. We strive to create equity of voice, access, influence and power across lines of difference – both in and beyond BUILD, specifically for groups that have been historically denied social and economic justice. If we are not part of the solution, then we are part of the problem. We welcome, celebrate, and embrace the unique expressions and contributions of us all – our backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, language, sexual orientation, and social class.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Project Management - Identify the steps of a project, set appropriate deadlines, identify required participants, and hold self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Identify and/or anticipate a problem, analyze the situation, offer an appropriate range of recommended solutions, and when appropriate, decide on and implement a course of action.
- Customer Service Orientation - Anticipate and respond promptly and professionally to requests and needs from all key stakeholders and set clear expectations while taking other perspectives into account.
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming.
- Multi-tasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions, as required.
- Thoroughness - Ensure that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Full Time/Exempt
- Location: BUILD Boston – WeWork South Station, 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston (During the COVID-19 pandemic, staff are currently remotely working and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.)