The Development Coordinator is responsible for grant submission, database management, gift processing, and the coordination of the Organizational Growth Office. Requires excellent organizational, writing, and analytical skills.
- Design, implement, and manage a grants plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation relationships.
- Identify grant opportunities.
- Monitor multiple proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities and submitting reports as requested.
- Ensure the Development Associate and VP for Organizational Growth maintain a rigorous schedule of high-quality stewardship process for active corporate and foundation prospects and donors.
Database Administration and Gift Processing:
- Perform a wide variety of support and administrative services for all Alumni/ Donor/ Grant/ CWSP needs, including but not limited to reviewing and supervising DBCR's centralized gift and pledge processing; generating and managing gift agreements, reminders, and acknowledgments; maintaining biographical data; and creating standard tracking, metrics, gift, and revenue reports.
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial and data reports, including bi-monthly, mid-year, and end of year financial reports.
- Ensure accurate regular reconciliation of all revenue with finance.
- Ensure adherence to all regulations related to Advancement activities.
- Manage all internal and external constituent data projects and requests.
- Provide staff training and ensure maintenance of quality standards for data entry, data manipulation, email marketing, event registration, newsletters and report generation.
- Develop and promote use of database and provide reports tracking and monitoring prospect activities.
- Assist in creating compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Assist the VP and CWSP Manager to secure and record renewals for job teams on a yearly basis
- Manage the VP’s calendar and meeting schedule
- Prepare and produce meeting agendas and materials for VP’s meetings
- Attend meetings and record minutes as needed
- Ensure necessary supplies are available to maintain the operations of the Organizational Growth office
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred, demonstrated successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce, Wealth Engine and other database and research resources preferred.
- Desire to work at a faith-based educational institution with urban students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. word, outlook, excel, and PowerPoint)