1852 West 22nd Place
Job Title: Director of Communications
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, a Jesuit, college-preparatory, co-educational school for grades 9-12 seeks a full-time Director of Communications. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Communications is responsible for developing a strategic communications and marketing plan for CRJHS that supports the organizational vision of the school. The Director supports and collaborates with faculty and staff colleagues in the protection, promotion, and enhancement of the CRJHS brand’s reputation.
The Director has primary responsibilities of managing and implementing the school’s marketing and communications strategies and activities, both external and internal. The Director is responsible for developing all integrated communications, and for marketing products and services in all internal and external media, to include newsletters and other print publications, web, enews, social media, and other digital communications. The Director will enhance the school’s image by effectively utilizing communication tools across a diverse audience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as the lead communications executive, articulating the school’s vision and image across all media to ensure a consistent and positive brand.
· With the VP of Advancement, creates and executes a short and long-term communication plan that enhances the image of CRJHS in the community and beyond to increase loyalty to the school.
· Works across CRJHS to integrate all departments including admissions, academics, corporate work study, faith formation and identity, and college counseling.
· Develops and evaluates budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities.
· Manages crisis communications as needed in service to the Leadership Team and CRJHS.
· Directs and executes all external communications.
o Manages Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn social media channels and implements social media standards across the school.
o Develops PR campaigns and seeks creative ways to promote CRJHS mission and our school as a thought leader. Serves as point of contact for all media inquiries and manages school appearances/participation. Works with partner marketing/PR departments. Coordinates media events, writes media alerts and releases.
o Support the VP for Advancement through the management of donor and alumni communications including mailed appeals, Annual Report, bi-annual Las Obras printed newsletters, event invitations and signage, social media posts, and all email communications.
o Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all publications. Execute strategy and design concept and project manage with designers when necessary.
o In coordination with the Associate Principal and Academic Team, oversee electronic, web, and mailed communications to external audience. Includes school profile, parent communications, and graduation materials.
o Support the President and help to deliver strategic messages, letters to the editor, and other special campaign initiatives when necessary.
o Support the Corporate Work Study Program and help execute a communications plan for corporate work partners and assist with marketing materials and branding.
o Support the Director of Admissions; execute admissions communications plan and marketing materials.
· Directs internal school communications and messaging.
o Manages school logos and implements standards across the school.
o Oversees internal branding, design, and messaging throughout the facilities, including signage, letterhead, envelope, business cards, etc.
o Coordinates and manages photography for all external and internal events, as well as annual school-wide photography for marketing purposes.
o Manages and updates Cristo Rey website, troubleshoots website issues across departments. Writes and maintains news stories and webpages. Publish job openings and assist with job postings when necessary.
· The successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience in communications/marketing roles, preferably in education.
· Strong communications skills, written and verbal, and experience with strategic management of a brand and its voice through diverse media.
· Strong interest in career in communications and marketing, and understanding and passion for the mission of Cristo Rey.
· Highly responsible and organized, the candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks effectively with others.
· Works as a team member and builds relationships across CRJHS.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
· Experience in managing budgets.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: www.cristorey.net/careers
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Founded by the Jesuits in 1996, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides a Catholic, college preparatory education and professional work experience to students from Spanish-speaking families across the southwest side of Chicago who, because of limited financial means, would otherwise be unable to afford it. To make the school both affordable and sustainable, Cristo Rey pioneered the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) model for inner-city education that has inspired a national network of 32 schools serving low-income communities across the country. The CWSP enables all students to earn a majority of their annual tuition by working one school day a week in an entry-level position for a corporation in the Chicago area.
Jesuit Schools Network and Cristo Rey Network
Cristo Rey is sponsored by the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), the largest religious order in the Roman Catholic Church, and is well-known in the United States with over 50 high school and 28 colleges and universities. Cristo Rey is a member of the Jesuit Schools Network, the national association of Jesuit schools in the United States and Canada. Additionally, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, the national association of schools operating on the Cristo Rey model. Currently, there are 32 high schools serving 10,000 students throughout the country that are associated through the Cristo Rey Network and operate using the educational model named for the first school in Chicago.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required