100 Wall Street
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will report to the Technical Director and is responsible for providing leadership, management, technical guidance, and support to the organization’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts across CMMB’s global programmatic portfolio.
S/he serves as the thought leader and primary point of contact on all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management efforts across the organization. S/he marshals data to inform senior management decision-making and organizational learning. S/he is responsible for supervising Monitoring and Evaluation staff across the country offices, conducting analytical reviews of indicator data quality, reports and evaluations, and supporting proposal development.
The individual in this role will be based in New York City. Approximately 20% travel will be required.
- Leads the development and implementation of M&E systems and policies.
- Works with M&E and programmatic staff to develop M&E plans, implement baseline assessments and create logframes for proposal development.
- Ensures project data is captured in a timely manner for reporting purposes and used effectively during project implementation.
- Creates and manages annual M&E budget for HQ.
- Conducts routine data quality checks on program indicators.
- Supports the field’s requests for tools and resources for best M&E practices.
- Leads implementation of the Children and Mothers Partnerships (CHAMPS) Global M&E Framework and Impact Barometer.
- Enhances capacity of M&E staff through mentoring, tool development, and guidelines as deemed applicable.
- Conducts timely and thorough reviews of project reports to donors.
- Provides technical assistance to baseline assessments, mid-term evaluations, end-of-project evaluations, and operations research related to program effectiveness.
- Conducts semi-annual Performance Management Reviews for each country office’s programmatic portfolio.
- Coordinates with Senior Specialists, Health in provision of data and identification of best practices for community and clinical health.
- Supports the Volunteer Program in capturing key activities of clinical and non-clinical volunteers in the field and at HQ.
- Supports the Healing Help Program in timely reporting of medical donations.
- Supports the Strategy & Innovation team in providing relevant data for marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Evaluation and Measurement, Information Science, or other international development-related discipline. 5+ years of applicable M&E technical experience in international development field (preferably in both a field and home-office context)
- Training, development & implementation experience in M&E quality assurance.
- Experience in grant proposal development and monitoring and evaluating USG, bilateral and multilateral awards.
- Experience working with multicultural teams.
- Superior technical knowledge of M&E practices, analytical thinker.
- Knowledge of latest international recommendations in M&E, and ability to translate those into practical guidance.
- Knowledge of software for data management, analysis and reporting with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake problem analysis, to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools, and to organize diverse information in a systematic way while thinking creatively in proposing approaches that improve program design, implementation and results reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage teams that have varying technical backgrounds and levels of technical training.
- Superior presentation skills (both written and oral) and ability to communicate technical materials to a range of audiences and for differing purposes using print, electronic, and presentation media.
- Must be comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish language is a plus.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Education Required