POSITION TITLE: Fundraising Director
The Fundraising Director is responsible for generating revenue, outreach to donors, and maximizing individual, foundation, and corporate relationships working in partnership with the president, senior management teams, board of EcoHealth Alliance, science staff, and partners. The successful candidate will build relationships with existing and new funders including foundations, corporations, and other avenues for major giving to secure unrestricted funding. The Fundraising Director will participate in EcoHealth Alliance’s strategic plan by developing significant and profitable relationships with funders and stakeholders.
- Design development strategy for EcoHealth Alliance. Work with the management, development, and other teams to identify funding needs including preferred targets and approaches.
- Develop and execute EcoHealth Alliance’s annual fundraising plan. Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual giving and secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Fundraising. Conduct research, prospecting, and applications to multiple donor sources:
- Manage campaigns, engage and oversee campaign firms as necessary
- Oversee ongoing development efforts and budgets
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Work towards engagement plans for board members
- Build a robust donor base. Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Data management. Manage, update, and streamline the EcoHealth Alliance donor database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Grant writing and proposals. Develop, draft, submit, and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Communication and training. Train and mentor development staff and communicate fundraising goals and progress throughout EcoHealth Alliance and externally.
- Development/Fundraising: at least five years of proven success in development for a large nonprofit.
- Experience running capital campaigns and success fundraising from multiple donor channels
- Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers and board of directors
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments; creates positive situation or spaces; and responds appropriately to key stakeholders
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally
- Nonprofit and foundation funding experience preferred
- Strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of and commitment to conservation and health or related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet, and database software application
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong management skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
EcoHealth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and a 403(b) pension plan. For further information about EcoHealth Alliance, please visit our website: www.ecohealthalliance.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email a single attachment labeled with your first and last name only (“firstlast.pdf”) in PDF format containing only (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Fundraising Director" in the subject line. Emails without the subject line or with multiple attachments will not be received. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since only the attached document will be retained. All inquiries will receive an automatic response confirming receipt. Applications will be evaluated and only appropriate candidates will be contacted.