Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
120 East 23rd Street
Matriculate seeks a strong manager and leader to serve as Advising Fellow Program Manager on Matriculate’s team. The Program Manager will oversee the implementation of the Matriculate program across at least three college sites, including managing college student Advising Fellows (AFs) and Head Advising Fellows (HAFs) to ensure they provide outstanding support to high school students.
This position requires a drive and passion for our mission, paired with experience in management, program implementation, and setting and achieving aggressive goals. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, management and problem-solving skills, focus on quality, and commitment to rigorous evaluation and continuous improvement.
The Program Manager reports to the Senior Program Director while working closely with the rest of the Matriculate team. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Program Management and Execution
Ensure college Advising Fellows (AFs) on at least three campuses are able to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to top colleges by developing, growing and evaluating AF recruitment, selection, training, certification, engagement, and appreciation
- Assume responsibility for ensuring high schools students served regularly connect with AFs and achieve college application milestones
Recruitment and training
- Recruit a high quality cohort of AFs on each campus by working with Head Advising Fellows (HAFs) and the Matriculate Recruitment and Training Associate to set selection goals and recruit AFs to meet these goals
- Ensure AFs are prepared to provide excellent support for high school students by leading an orientation, ongoing trainings, and a quality and preparedness certification process in conjunction with HAFs and the Recruitment and Training Associate
- Train and manage HAFs; help them provide regular supervision and feedback to AFs to ensure ongoing high standards of quality
- Ensure high school students are connected effectively via remote communication with AFs
- Identify and creatively troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Monitor quality of high school student experience; devise and implement strategies to increase retention
Celebration and growth
- Foster community and belonging among AFs
- Build a leadership pipeline among AFs
- Develop systems for scalability
Program Impact Measurement and Improvement
Implement program learning and evaluation plan to ensure continuous improvement and to understand Matriculate’s ultimate impact:
- Track metrics for college and high school students
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and report program data for evaluation
- Use program data to identify potential improvements to the Matriculate program
Commitment to Excellence
- Collaborate across the Matriculate program to ensure maximum consistencies and efficiencies
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Contribute to Matriculate’s culture of continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred
- At least 3-4 years of experience in people and program management, ideally focused on education or youth development
- Outstanding management skills and a track record of helping others reach ambitious goals
- Excellent writing/editing skills and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on execution; organizational and project management skills
- Ability to build, manage and leverage relationships with a proven track record of flexibility and influence
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while managing tactical implementation, balancing both long‐term and short‐term projects and planning
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and strong leadership skills
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
- High degree of personal initiative in problem solving, commitment to constantly learning, growing, and reflecting on their work
- Desire and ability to meet aggressive strategic goals, work independently and thrive within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and growing organization
- Command of remote communication methods, including google hangout and skype
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically in urban and rural areas, potentially up to 20%
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a non-fiction writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the name of the position in subject line. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Matriculate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.