We are looking for a Healthcare Transformation Coach to provide analytic support services and technical expertise to healthcare practices and clinicians. As a part of Medicare’s (CMS) Practice Transformation Network (PTN) grant, our goal is to make meaningful clinical practice changes, improve patient outcomes, and reduce costs in our network of primary care medical practices throughout the state.
Utilize your skills as a resource for clinicians who participate in the Practice Transformation Network and provide direct assistance with practice transformation efforts. This program includes include moving a practice through a five-phase transformation process that culminates in readiness to participate in value-based payment models or programs.
As a Healthcare Transformation Coach you will occasionally work in our headquarters and mostly in providers’ offices guiding providers and their staff on redesign of work practices. Redesign includes care coordination, optimal use of EHRs and meeting the standards for Meaningful Use and PQRS reporting. You will help achieve these standards by conducting practice assessments, meeting regularly with participating providers, supporting implementation of action plans, educating physicians and staff, and driving improvement.
If you are a) looking for meaningful opportunity to work with professionals dedicated to helping vulnerable populations; b) interested in growing professionally by enhancing your skills with new research and c) sharing information and techniques you’ve learned with others, please join us in making New Jersey get healthy and stay healthy.
· Supports practice with data tracking, reporting, analysis and workflow redesign incorporating improvement techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness to reduce waste.
· Supports and facilitates practitioners at each phase of improvement (i.e., setting goals, thought partnering and recommending strategies or innovations, and execution) by providing tools, trainings, guiding them through rapid-cycle tests of change, and assisting when obstacles arise.
· Communicates and champions the vision for change through activities such as presenting and sharing best practices.
· Provides direct technical support with health information technology (HIT) implementation and development of registries including identifying high risk patients.
· Articulates operations of the program and any applicable regulations related to the Alternate Payment models.
· Works collaboratively with area Quality Improvement Organization (QIO), the program leadership, Quality Improvement Advisors, and other members of the PTN team to suggest best practices for processes.
· Provides consistent communication, education and support to assigned clinicians both remotely and face to face and documents transformation activities.
· Instructs clinicians on all aspects of TCPI program. Facilitates networking in the provider community and encourages participants to take part in TCPI/PTN events.
· Contributes content to the marketing and communication staff to gather stories, use cases, and case studies to publicize the successes of the program.
· Assists and educates physicians and staff in the adoption of Electronic Medical Records.
· Analyzes provider needs and prioritizes work, including identification of leads for Meaningful Use, PQRS, PCMH, ACO and other quality initiatives as outlined by NJII’s senior management.
· Acts as ambassador to NJII and assists in recruiting providers to join.
· Schedules practice assessments and meaningful use training of providers and practice managers as needed.
· Educates when appropriate on the other available NJII products/services.
1. Education requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, nursing, or other related field preferred. Relevant clinical or healthcare experience substitutes for the above education preference.
2. Experience requirements
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a healthcare setting, quality improvement, IT/business systems, or practice management space. Experience with the Chronic Care Model, the Patient Centered Medical Home model and other general quality improvement methods preferred.
3. Knowledge/Skills requirements:
· Experience with patient centered medical homes, practice transformation, and/or the roles of a nurse care manager strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of Medicare quality initiatives such as MU, PQRS, PCMH, ACO, MACRA, and MIPS.
· Experience with reviewing various quality reports in or outside of an electronic medical record (EHR).
· Experience with client/account management and change and/or project management experience preferred.
· General knowledge about the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, overall strategies on improving US healthcare and policies on reimbursement preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
· Organizational skills including time, project, and resource management.
· Strong technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft-based programs, especially EXCEL and WORD.
· Experience effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment.
· Multi-tasking, innovative, organizational and prioritization skills.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills with initiative to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Travel to providers is required therefore, transportation will be needed.
· Able to problem solve and put situations in perspective.
· Able to get along with others, must have a sense of humor.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required