5201 Old York Road
Pathways to Housing PA (PTHPA) is a non-profit agency located in the Logan section of Philadelphia. The mission of PTHPA is to empower people with disabilities to improve their housing stability, increase wellness, and to reclaim their lives. Housing First – As simple as it is revolutionary!
Grace and kindness are simple words but sometimes the practice of grace and kindness is not so simple, especially when facing great personal and professional challenges. Yet, those are the words that define how we do our work, and those are words that define our employees, who never cease to amaze us or to give us hope, especially as we continue to expand our work to include others in desperate need. This expansion has created many new and exciting opportunities!
The Development Associate, working with the Director of Institutional Advancement, will support all fundraising activities for Pathways to Housing PA. The Associate will follow established protocols and contribute to improving processes and procedures for gift processing and database management. They will be detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills that will contribute to successful fundraising activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enhance the organization’s efforts to raise funds through all appropriate techniques, primarily through maintenance of donor information.
· Using Salesforce, track fundraising activities, including but not limited to gift processing, constituent contact information, prospects, and fundraising performance.
· Implement stewardship strategies and systems and generate regular acknowledgement letters.
· Develop policies and procedures for gift processing, acknowledgement, and database management.
· Assist in the creation of annual fundraising campaigns.
· Provide support for all major agency events.
· Engage in ongoing professional development and training in fundraising.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of experience in a related role.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in database management. Prior experience with Salesforce or equivalent constituent database is preferred, though not required.
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to decipher and interpret incoming correspondence and recognize the significance for gifts or fundraising issues.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including mail merges).
PTHPA offers very generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, a 3% non-matching employer contribution to 401(k), and many others!
Minimum Education Required