THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The Program Manager Specialist is a position that would work at residential program sites when there is a Senior Program Manager or Program Manager on leave, a temporary vacancy, or when there is a program in need of additional support & leadership. This position also provides additional support for a site that is newly developed. The position is part of a leadership team charged with the development and implementation/management of supportive housing programs, including participating in special projects to support the Residential Services Department as a whole. The Program Manager Specialist is responsible for the creation of a caring, supportive environment that contributes to the emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental well-being of all residents. This includes the supervision of staff, maintaining a good working knowledge of residents, supporting departmental needs, and administering the activities & operation of programs in a manner consistent with the mission of Project HOME.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all standard Program Manager duties including:
- Create an environment that combines the necessary structure, case management and/or service coordination support, counseling, interaction, freedom, and safety to facilitate resident growth, individuality and connection to Project HOME and the external community.
- Provide regular and consistent supervision and general oversight of residential site staff to ensure program is person centered.
- Serve as primary supervisor for Floating Residential Services Coordinator throughout all work/site assignments.
- Work with residential service coordinators to identify resident needs and establish pertinent goals and objectives in the areas of: recovery, health, education, employment and community integration
- Conduct and document case review meetings with case management/service coordination team
- Oversee the training, implementation and use of the best practices (such as Critical Time Intervention and Wellness Self-Management)
- Serve as liaison with all agencies providing services to Residents
- Work with Data & Quality Assurance Department on HUD reports and other funder documents as needed
- Ensure program is meeting Strategic Plan goals and successfully address barriers to meeting goals with site staff.
- Ensure that all Resident case information is up to date and accurate, and that site staff are meeting Documentation Standards.
- Attend quarterly Project HOME staff meetings, monthly Program Manager Meetings, and biweekly supervision.
Additional Leadership Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process in collaboration with Residential Directors and HR to fill staff vacancies, including screening and interviewing candidates.
- Support Residential Directors in the training and onboarding of new Program Managers.
- Provide task supervision to assigned Program Manager including providing feedback on training needs, program operations and standards, and reinforcing core program manager duties through coaching & providing direct feedback in collaboration with respective Residential Director.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives, through involvement in Residential Department committees such as developing departmental policies & procedures, training development & facilitation, and providing support to departments and programs with audit needs (i.e. NIAC, OHS Monitoring Review, DDAP).
- Participate in interdepartmental working groups such as Strategic Initiatives, and Data & Quality Assurance efforts system and policy development, to support the overall development and growth of mission-driven organizational practices.
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the mental, physical, emotional, educational, social, medical, financial, employment and education status of each resident
- Facilitate team meetings to ensure coordination of services and leasehold obligations are being addressed
- Create an environment that combines the necessary structure, case management and/or service coordination support, counseling, interaction, freedom, and safety to facilitate Resident growth, individuality and connection to the Project HOME and the external community
- Participate and oversee the development of educational/employment/health opportunities that are accessible and develop a culture of recovery coupled with employment for Residents
- Create an environment where addiction recovery journeys are openly discussed and the community members support each other in their journeys, celebrating milestones and supporting each other.
- Provide ongoing consultation with individuals in recovery
- Coordinate services and linkages with outside agencies/providers
- Where applicable, provide both routine and random drug screens
- Seek out and participate in all relevant trainings and in-services
- Foster and model respect, empathy, and understanding of residents
- Coordinate resident discharges
- Work with the Central Intake Coordinator (where applicable) and Property Manager to facilitate intake process, including interviews and assessments, working with referral sources to collect paperwork, and coordinating lease ups and move ins under a tight time frame. Ensure documentation meets contract requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of intake processes and policies at program sites.
- Coordinate orientation for residents moving in
Resident Leadership & Community Integration:
- In an effort to build resident leadership, provide structure and guidance to tenant council, resident led endeavors and encourage resident’s strengths in leadership
- In an effort to build community integration with Project HOME residents and the larger community, identify and meet with neighborhood leaders, and involve them in community events.
- Supervise the day-to-day financial operations of assigned program
- Develop annual budgets with the Director of Residential Services and the Finance Department
- Authorize the purchase of goods and services within approved budget and manage the reconciliation of expenses with the accounting office
- Manage and reconcile petty cash and credit card within required timeframes
- Complete monthly SNAP reports within required timeframes
- Operate the program within the established budget
- Work as a blended management team with the Property Manager, including to schedule and attend weekly blended management meetings with the Property Manager.
- Coordinate with Property Manager regarding necessary follow-up with any leasehold obligation issues. Create and implement plans to address issues, such as rent arrears, inspection violations, housing instability and incidents.
- Coordinate with residential team and assist Property Manager as required to ensure that housing re-certifications, PHA income waivers & interim recertifications and other documentation issues are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with Property Manager to ensure Resident compliance with unit/common space cleanliness/safety and compliance with safety and licensing regulators
- MSW or related degree and 3 years related experience including minimum of 2 years supervisory experience OR BA/BSW, or related degree and five years related experience including minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience working with recovering persons (mental illness, drug/alcohol, or dually diagnosed persons)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and assessment skills
- Understands and affirms the mission of Project HOME
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team experience
- Strong Computer literacy including experience with electronic record systems.
- Availability for on call duties
- Experience working with homeless individuals and/or in supportive housing a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.