211 East 46 St
The Lebanese American University (LAU) is currently accepting applications for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at the LAU NY Headquarters and Academic Center (LAU NY). We are a very small team and need to add a member who can be the initial welcoming face and voice of LAU NY, as well as be an administrative ally on a variety of projects.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for reception for the administrative offices, and supporting colleagues in both New York and Lebanon. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director of Operations in NY. While all primary duties will be customer service based and within the Operations department, there will also be opportunities to work with the Development and Communications teams as well. Occasional overtime will be required in support of cultural events, trustee meetings, and galas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will greet visitors, answer phones, transfer calls, and take messages. Customer service, cultural sensitivity, well-developed organizational skills, flexibility, and attention to detail are key. The position requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, the incumbent must show initiative as well as the ability to work collaboratively and follow direction, and must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
The basic administrative duties include:
- Handling mailings from printing to mail merge and postage metering
- Opening, sorting, distributing, and sending mail (occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs.)
- Ordering and stocking supplies
- Photo copying and faxing
- Scanning documents for upload to database
However, we are looking for an individual who can also take ownership of additional responsibilities, which may include:
- Cradle-to-grave administrative support for the annual Board Meeting and Gala
- Assist with additional special events
- Manage donor gift processing (Raiser’s Edge, writing gift letters, etc.)
- Proof reading and copy editing
- Basic web design
- Video/Audio editing
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Minimum of one year reception, administrative, and/or customer service experience is required, as are strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
- Strong writing, proofing, and copy editing skills
- Be detail-oriented while maintaining an excellent customer service approach
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Basic skills in web design, editing for video and audio a +
- Proficiency in Adobe Systems (Photoshop, InDesign, Flash) a +
- A strong team player who works well with others and under pressure
- Must have a thick skin, good humor, a ready smile, creativity, and the willingness to meet new people and challenges
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or the Middle East a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to Marge Pfleiderer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with 2018 Fall Receptionist in the subject line.