Details: per hour
639 Bedford Road
With national visibility and local accolades as the tri-state area’s top source for family friendly entertainment, Historic Hudson Valley (www.hudsonvalley.org) educates and entertains more than 300,000 visitors a year through our school programs, house tours, and large-scale special events like the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze, and Horseman’s Hollow. Our in-house production department is responsible for creating and delivering our family entertainment events.
Historic Hudson Valley, Westchester County’s largest cultural organization, seeks an experienced Crew Chief to assist with the planning, construction and delivery of various event elements. In concert with the Associate Director of Event Production, the Crew Chief will establish project priorities, work schedules, timelines, plans and equipment requirements for each event. The Crew Chief will assist with event set-up and take down, ensure safe working conditions, maintain equipment, tools and machinery, manage a small team, and participate in the value engineering of event elements.
This part-time seasonal position (July – December) requires evening, weekend and holiday availability. You must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather. High school diploma (or GED), valid driver’s license, certificate or apprenticeship in construction trade or construction management is required. Five years of experience as a crew chief in the event production or theatre environment (i.e. stagehand, set design) and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, email and project management software is required. Ability to read blueprints and schematics is a plus. Additional physical requirements:
· Must be able to walk or stand on level, inclined and unpaved surfaces for extended periods
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
· Must be able to crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, lift in any direction for sustained periods of time
· Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
· Must be able to sustain movement/motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly fingertips
· Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs and ladders
· Must be able to read and interpret written material and instructions
· Must be able to communicate (i.e. clearly express and exchange ideas) by voice and detect sound by ear (e.g. receive detail information and make fine discriminations in sound)
· Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths
· Must be able to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Besides a congenial working environment, pay rate of $25.00 per hour and flexible hours, Historic Hudson Valley offers:
· FREE and reduced admission to our events and sites for you and your immediate family
· FREE and reduced admission to other participating historic sites and museums
· Museum shop and café discounts
· Working for a highly regarded organization that creates extraordinary experiences for large audiences.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the words
“Crew Chief” in the subject line. Candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Historic Hudson Valley.