Details: The base salary for this position begins at $47,000 (negotiable based on experience).
2005 Reynolds Avenue
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Strong character and a deep commitment to personal and professional growth (we are growing, our staff must be willing to grow with us).
• Experience in writing grants, including organizing a grants calendar. Maintaining ‘boilerplate’ templates for various programs and maintaining relationships with relevant funders.
• Experience in grants administration, including completing reports that are due to funders based on different funder timelines.
• A willingness to work alongside an entrepreneurial and agile organization where staff are willing to make sacrifices to move the mission forward.
• The creativity and drive to provide innovation and direction that remains consistent with Metanoia’s core values of being asset driven, community based and rooted in faith.
• Strong organizational and personal time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including the capacity to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
• Knowledge of Development and Fundraising work more generally.
• Ability to work entrepreneurially, providing both strategic and operational leadership to grant writing and management efforts with support of the Metanoia Team.
• Ability to coordinate with multiple staff to compile, review, and submit grant applications, reports and other documents in a timely fashion.
DUTIES OF THE GRANTS SPECIALIST:
Summary: The Position will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to identify, prepare, submit and manage grant resources utilized to invest in the assets of the communities Metanoia serves. The Position will work with senior staff at Metanoia and must possess the creativity and drive to provide innovation and direction that remains consistent with Metanoia’s core values of being asset driven, rooted in faith and community based. More specifically, The Position will oversee Grants at Metanoia in the following ways.
• Grant Research: Identify, catalog and maintain a database of grant opportunities that align with Metanoia’s programs and mission.
• Grant Writing: Write, compile and submit grants that align with Metanoia’s mission and programming and work closely with program and executive staff to assure that outcomes and measurements are clearly identified and shared for successful performance on any grants awarded. This includes maintaining accurate and up-to-date boilerplate language for ongoing programs and projects that can streamline the grant-writing process.
• Grant Administration and Tracking: Once grants are awarded – assure that any required reporting is successfully completed according to the regularity and deadlines required by each respective grant funder. This includes interfacing with Metanoia’s donor tracking software, and development and accounting departments to assure that data on grants is successfully entered and grant funds are appropriately tracked.
• Funder Relationship Building: Maintain clear, open and positive relationships with relevant representatives of Metanoia’s different grant funding sources. Assure that these representatives are interfacing with Metanoia in a manner that builds confidence and relational depth between the funder and the organization. Work closely with Metanoia’s Marketing and Development Director on messaging and donor engagement opportunities as appropriate.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned that can be competently handled while the above is still able to be successfully accomplished. These will most likely include other functions relevant to Metanoia’s overall development efforts such as data entry around fundraising or other fundraising and development functions.
The position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid retirement benefits. The position also allows for a flexible work schedule and for work to be completed off site as needed by the employee.
Level of Language Proficiency
A Degree from an accredited college or university required. At least two years’ experience writing and being awarded grants is required. Masters’ Degree preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A first round of applications will be open from August 28 to September 20, 2018 at 5pm. Interested applicants must submit the following in one PDF document for consideration to email@example.com:
• A cover letter and resume.
• Two Essays, no more than one page each that answer each of the following questions:
What attracts you to apply for the Grants Specialist position at Metanoia?
What skills and values do you possess that you think are critical to this position?
• One additional writing sample from the applicant of the applicants choosing. A grant (or portion of a grant) that the applicant has written that was awarded is preferred (names, amounts and other sensitive information may be redacted). Please submit no more than 5 pages for this writing sample.
After an initial review, a qualified field of potential applicants will be narrowed and interviewed by a selection team. Interested applicants are encouraged to address any questions about the position to Metanoia COO, Jamilla Harper, 2005 Reynolds Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405, firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-529-3014.