Details: TBD based on qualifications and experience
31255 Cedar Valley Drive
JOB CATEGORY: Management with travel
TYPE: Full time, exempt with benefits and paid vacation
SALARY: TBD based on qualifications and experience
LOCATION: Works from a home office in the continental U.S., preferably midwestern US with local access to a major airport.
SUPERVISION— Reports to the Chief National Programs Officer.
HOBY staff is a small, passionate team, driven by the idea that YOUTH CAN BE EFFECTIVE LEADERS IN THEIR SCHOOLS, COMMUNITIES AND THE WORLD.
Since beginning in 1958, our programs have inspired youth to recognize their leadership talents and apply them to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, school, and community.
Reporting to the Chief National Programs Officer, the Director of National Programs will effectively manage and direct HOBY’s field operations and programs in the midwestern geographic region of the United States to include CO, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, OK, WI, WV & WY; to develop and maintain a strong volunteer infrastructure within the region; to achieve HOBY’s mission; and to strengthen the relationship between HOBY’s affiliates and the international organization.
- Ensure and monitor effective implementation of U.S.-based programs in the assigned region;
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate volunteer staff for the region;
- Monitor and evaluate structural and financial integrity of affiliates;
- Oversee affiliate fundraising, student recruitment, program development, and risk management practices;
- Ensure corporate compliance for all affiliates;
- Work collaboratively with other staff members on assigned departmental projects, such as nationwide volunteer newsletters and volunteer instruction manuals, to enhance services and programs;
- Actively plan and participate in regional and national training events;
- Represent HOBY to all key constituents including students, alumni, volunteers, schools, corporations, foundations and service and cooperating organizations.
Competency or position requirements—
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of professional work experience required, more a plus; director level experience in non-profit or business setting preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking;
- Group/individual training experience, and analytical and budgeting skills required;
- Must have proven ability to work with staff and motivate volunteers;
- Must demonstrate strong leadership ability;
- Proficient in MS Office computer applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Project, Access, Visio;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail required.
Ideal candidate must be a cost conscious problem solver able to multitask and meet project deadlines on time and on budget, be able to work independently and as part of a small committed team, be flexible and able to work in a challenging and changing environment, and have a positive “can do” attitude.
HOBY volunteer experience and understanding of HOBY programs a plus, but not required. Must be willing to travel (average one trip per month, though more during the busy season) and expect to work some evenings and weekends.
International Headquarters in Westlake Village, CA.
Some of the Perks of Being a HOBY Employee:
• Meaningful work; turn your passion into action.
• 10 paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick days, 2 personal days, a "day of service" and a break over the winter holidays.
• Employer paid STD, LTD, Life and health insurance for our employees.
• A % match on 403(b) contributions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send cover letter, résumé, and list of references to Vicki Ferrence Ray, Chief National Programs Officer, via e-mail at email@example.com with the subject line “DNP – Your Name” by March 2nd, 2018.