BACKGROUND: Elim Connect Centre is a part of Elim, a world-wide mainstream Christian Church. Our aim is to serve the social, physical, spiritual, mental and emotional needs of the community in an accessible way. In partnership with Mendip District Council and a local farm, we aim to contribute to the eradication of rough sleeping in Mendip. The Direct Access Community is a 7 - bed house on a working farm, blending the requirements of emergency accommodation with an innovative community promoting sustainable change. Evergreen is move on accommodation in Wells, currently one house with four residents who are usually moving from the Dairy House as part of a pathway for change.
· Work as part of a weekly rota, sometimes alone but also as an active participant of the wider Elim team and volunteers
· Maximise the success of the projects by providing high quality and cost-effective housing and support services
· Ensure the hostel and move on spaces provides safe, secure, pleasant, welcoming accommodation to clients and visitors
· Play a key role in creating and maintaining a positive, healthy, nurturing and supportive atmosphere in which clients can stabilise, flourish and reach their goals
· Induct, assess and support clients so they gain maximum benefit from living at in a direct access and, where possible, progress towards more permanent and appropriate accommodation
1. Accept and assess referrals including, where appropriate, liaison with referring agencies and other support agencies. Sign up and induct new clients into the project.
2. Record, store and share relevant information concerning applicants and clients using both manual and electronic systems and ensuring proper confidentiality is maintained.
3. Ensure client and visitor behaviour is in line with the relevant Occupancy Agreement and house rules, dealing appropriately but sensitively with any breaches.
4. Ensure rent and service charges are paid promptly including the monitoring and collection of arrears and liaison as required with benefits agencies.
5. Carry out Keyworker responsibilities so as to maximise support and meet current and future needs including carrying out risk assessments, assessing support requirements, providing support, identifying/liaising with support agencies, maintaining regular contact with clients, developing and monitoring action plans, assessing appropriateness for move-on accommodation, securing appropriate move-on opportunities etc.
6. Carry out some basic cooking and cleaning, encouraging clients to help where appropriate. Ensure empty rooms are clean and prepared for new clients. Encourage clients to adopt acceptable standards of personal hygiene/appearance and to keep rooms clean and tidy. Monitor health and safety and maintenance standards, reporting any areas of concern.
7. Actively participate in client/team meetings, external meetings, supervisions, training sessions and appraisals.
8. Deal appropriately and efficiently with incidents or emergencies, carrying out drills as required.
9. Organise and assist with appropriate recreational and social activities, in particular encouraging clients to get involved in activities at the Elim Connect Centre and on the farm itself as well as with other partners.
10. Perform all duties in accordance with the Employee Handbook, policies and procedures.
11. Carry out such other tasks as may, from time to time, be necessary when consistent with the nature of the post.
BACKGROUND: Elim Connect Centre is a part of Elim, a world-wide mainstream Christian Church. Our aim is to serve the social, physical, spiritual, mental and emotional needs of the community in an accessible way. In partnership with Mendip…