441 West 26th Street
Under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Senior Education Director is responsible for the overall design, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of our Early Childhood Education Centers. You will oversee a team of four Site Supervisors and assist in their professional growth and development. This includes coordinating and conducting staff training, ensure lesson plans are reviewed, and there is continuity in programming. Also responsible for the upkeep of personnel files, to ensure they are aligned with the requirements set forth by our regulatory agencies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The Senior Education Director must have at minimum a MA in Early Childhood Education, certification in Early Childhood Education (NYS Birth-Grade 2 or equivalent), and a minimum of two years supervision experience. A commitment to the mission of Hudson Guild, and a desire to support a high-quality educational environment that fosters the development and empowerment of children and families. Meet standards for licensing requirements (fingerprinting, child abuse check, etc.).
- 3- 5 years supervision experience
- NYS Birth-2nd Professional or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of DOH Article 47
- Experience working in a non-profit or community center setting.
- Develop, implement, and assess programming offered by the department.
- Assist in supervising and monitoring personnel files of all teaching staff.
- Evaluation of lesson plans, conduct observations and facilitate parent-meeting agendas.
- Assist in implementing continuous monitoring and evolutional activities.
- Collaborate with Educational Director and Site Supervisors in assisting teaching staff with referrals and provide support to teaching staff when working with challenging behaviors and situations.
- Provide insight and support on staffing needs and disciplinary action.
- Support Educational Director/Site Supervisors in coordinating and conducting staff training.
- Assist Educational Director/Site Supervisors in reviewing and approving time sheets, as well as requests for leaves of absence.
- Support Educational Director/Site Supervisors in daily scheduling of teaching staff.
- Assist Educational Director/Site Supervisors in completing regular community needs assessments.
- Aid Educational Director/Site Supervisors in developing an annual plan and quarterly reports.
- Support Educational Director/Site Supervisors in the oversight, evaluation, and completion of early childhood program goals as developed in our annual plan.
- Participate in our weekly interdisciplinary meeting, monthly professional developments, and other training as needed.
- Participate in community building activities as sponsored by the program and agency and encourage staff and participants to support these activities.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Hudson Guild is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hudson Guild has excellent fringe benefits. We offer:
- 24 Vacation days
- 12 Sick days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Preferred Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Feel free to check our website at www.hudsonguild.org!