265 Henry Street
Why Work with Us
When you work with us, you are part of an organization that has been changing the lives of vulnerable New Yorkers since 1893. Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity to enrich lives and expand human progress for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs. Building on its 125-year legacy of innovation and effective programming, Henry Street offers more than 50 programs and is one of New York City’s largest social service agencies.
About Your Role
As a part of our People team, you will provide assistance in hiring, onboarding, and supporting the Settlement’s employees. This position is full time, 35 hours per week, and is non-exempt.
· Assist with the job posting and resume screening
· Assist with telephone pre-screens and scheduling candidates for interviews
· Track incoming and outgoing reports and documents such as Employee Data Forms (EDF), Staff and Client Accident reports, Employee Corrective Action notices, Exit Surveys, etc.
· Set up and conduct New Hire Orientation sessions
· Lead time and attendance system setup and maintenance, enrolling staff at orientation, trainings, etc.
· Create new hire paperwork such as offer letters, pay rate notices, etc.
· Input and process new employee data using the HRIS database
· Assist employees with completing health benefit enrollment forms
· Complete employment verification requests and other employment requested letters
· Follow-up on noncompliance of documents associated with company personnel files and prepare for audits
· Maintain employee personnel files, including filing sensitive employee information
· Run regular reports for other departments (New Hire Tour List, Birthdays, Terminations, etc.)
· General administrative duties as needed
· Assist with various HR special projects
· Other duties as assigned by the Chief People Officer
What We’re Looking For
· High School diploma / GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently and multi-task
· Commitment to confidentiality
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temporary HR Associate” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status, and that all are given every opportunity to succeed. Let us hear from you! You can reach Human Resources at 212.766.9200