Community Corporation of Santa Monica (Community Corp) is a non-profit organization committed to develop, managing, and enriching the lives of our affordable housing residents. Community Corporation of Santa Monica (Community Corp) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Resident Services Coordinator (RSC). The RSC is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing dynamic programs within our affordable housing communities. The RSC shall work with residents to promote arts participation, resident leadership, lifelong learning, crisis intervention, housing stabilization through the access on and off-site services and resources. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, the RSC will create educational opportunities in coordination with Resident Services team, Community Corp residents, local service providers, and property management staff. Under the supervision of Director of Resident Services, the RSC works directly with residents, Property Management, and community service providers in order to support, encourage and foster, resident self-efficacy and empowerment. The RSC-Youth Specialist will be the internal lead for all teen and young adult related services related to risk prevention through enrichment, career or technical training, and college preparation.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Work with residents to provide referrals or enhanced access to local services including financial, mental health, medical, substance abuse and all independent living needs through service providers, community resources, and services.
- Educate residents and assist them in accessing benefits and entitlement programs and other federal, state and community resources.
- Take a pro-active response in addressing resident crises and issues.
- Create outreach materials for upcoming events
- Welcome new residents and explain the Resident Service program.
- Enhance program outcomes by working in conjunction with local service providers with a “whatever it takes for success” methodology
Resident Teen and Young Adult Services:
- Identify and mentor youth residents participating in Teen program activities and internet/wifi cafes.
- Work young residents to advocate for their own needs, community causes.
- Track program outcomes via spreadsheets and software, providing monthly reports in Family Metrics.
- Create systems that support management of youth program goals.
- Supervise Youth Program partners and contractors, provide ongoing training, performance evaluation, and participate in local youth focused events
- Actively promote a sustainable and healthy lifestyle through program offerings, including snacks.
- Work with RS Dept to coordinate multigenerational programming across disciplines
- Identify new youth program partners, and lead initiation of meetings for contract or agreement development.
- Work with local advocacy groups and organizations to promote CCSM’s mission and open access to CCSM residents in youth development, career and college prep arena.
- Act as a liaison between residents and management as well as with the community.
- Work with Director of Resident Services to conduct an annual needs assessment for youth, in order to make recommendations for data collection, expanded resources, and program improvements.
- Develop and manage relationships, contracts, and data collection with local service providers under a particular program outcome.
Skills/ Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in social work, education, sociology, psychology or related fields. A Master’s Degree in Social Work strongly preferred. One year of direct experience coordinating service for a large family affordable housing residential project or working for a service provider in a professional capacity.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a cooperative and effective team member.
- Creative, responsive and flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be reliable, honest and motivated, and able to motivate others.
- Positive, open, caring, non-judgmental and non-patronizing demeanor.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to handle and address resident issues and resolve resident needs.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with residents and service providers.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate residents’ needs.
- Ability to travel across multiple housing sites and properties.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Resident Services Coordinator may provide volunteer coordination and oversight. The RSC will supervise Program Assistant and Tutors working under Upgrade.
From time to time may be asked to lift items that weigh up to 25 pounds.
The RS Coordinator will coordinate services for residents throughout the Community Corp. affordable housing portfolio. Currently all properties are located in Santa Monica, California and the Coordinator will be required to visit residents at various properties. The RS Coordinator will have a workspace at Community Corporation’s main office at 1423 2nd Street in Santa Monica California but may periodically work remotely from an office located on the properties. The Coordinator will be equipped with a laptop computer and mobile phone.
Must be able to travel to properties within Community Corp. service area. Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license and insurance as required by law. Must have insured vehicle to travel to properties within the Community Corp. service area. Driving record and vehicle must meet Community Corp.’s insurance requirements.
Benefits & Compensation:
- We offer compensation based on experience
- We are a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off
- Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid holidays, sick and 4 weeks of vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English/ Spanish a plus but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email above