All Souls Church and its concert series Musica Viva NY is seeking a positive and motivated, experienced professional to help plan and produce musical performances for Sunday morning worship and periodic concerts. The position will report to the Artistic Director, Alejandro Hernandez-Valdez who heads both the All Souls Choir and Musica Viva NY, and to Danielle Buonaiuto, Executive Director of Musica Viva; and is three-quarters time, plus benefits. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all worship service music logistics with ministers, facilities staff, including setup information, ensemble positioning, timings, lighting, microphone setup for livestream capture
- Proficiency with live and recorded AV equipment and software - YAHAMA digital audio console and Tricaster video console
- Together with AV consultant and facilities staff, maintain AV equipment (mics, speakers, digital audio console, cameras, lighting, broadcast equipment) and oversee use as needed
- Determine roster of musicians needed, obtain music and equipment, schedule auditions.
- Manage the Musica Viva NY choir comprised of paid soloists and unpaid volunteers.
- Facilitate auditions for soloists and volunteer positions
- Rent and purchase music
- Communicate weekly music plans for inclusion in church messaging and publications
- Coordinate box office and ushers for concerts
- Assist in processing fundraising donations and with donor communications
- Plan logistics for development events
- Work with community engagement and marketing
- Assist in facilitating music for non-worship rental events, including weddings and memorial services.
- Hire substitute musicians and singers; usually one to two per week
- Prepare payroll for paid musicians
- Keep instruments in proper working order by scheduling tunings and maintenance as needed
- Coordinate scheduling and setup of rehearsals, performances, and other music department events with facilities and reception staff
- Provide Music Librarian with all attendance information to ensure accurate supply of music for all attending musicians
- Process all donations and ticket sales through Audience View Ovation Tix CRM
- Prepare and maintain annual budget of all expenses
- Maintain organized digital and physical filing system
- Minimum 2 years of experience in music production
- Excellent management skills, and a successful track record of collaborating with staff in a manner that is flexible and supportive, yet ensures accountability
Requirements and Compensation
This is a 30-hours a week position with requirements to be present at two Sunday morning worship services and events scheduled requiring music including the Musica Viva NY concert series.
Compensation: $37,000-$39,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required and will be kept confidential. Exception will be made on a case by case basis for those unvaccinated because of religious belief or disability status.
All Souls Church and Musica Viva NY provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
At All Souls Church we covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence, of which we are a part