Development Executive/Senior Development Executive, Lawyer's Division
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Development Executive is responsible for the engagement, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and prospects through face-to-face solicitations, the organization of large- and small-scale fundraising events, volunteer projects, and providing support to lay leadership committees. Among other responsibilities, the Development Executive will oversee a $2.5 million portfolio that includes the Bankruptcy and Reorganization Executive Committee, the Next Generation Bankruptcy Group, and campaigns at several large New York law firms. The Development Executive will also assist the Lawyers Division in formulating a long-term strategy for engaging the broader legal community.
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York in ways that inspire them to give. Accomplish this through one-on-one meetings, fundraising events, educational programs, mitzvah projects, agency visits, and missions.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign. This includes thinking strategically about the legal and restructuring communities and working closely with the Wall Street Division to grow the donor base across trade groups.
- Oversee the Annual Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group Luncheon, which brings together a group of more than 1,000 bankruptcy and restructuring professionals and raises over $1 million annually.
- Develop programming for the Next Generation Bankruptcy Group that creates a pipeline of committed donors and leaders in the bankruptcy world.
- Provide professional support to the Bankruptcy Executive Committee and Next Generation Bankruptcy Committee. This includes agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
- Maintain records of donor engagement and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
- Develop and update research on individuals and companies in the Lawyers Division portfolio, as well as philanthropic trends in the legal community. Includes identification of viable prospects through outreach and relationship-building activities, and reading newspapers, trade publications, journals, and other related materials to remain generally informed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree or J.D. preferred.
- Three to five years or more of post-college work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities.
- Experience coordinating events.
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on self-defined goals and objectives while remaining part of a collaborative team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF