Details: Salary is negotiable and dependent upon level of experience
The American Friends of Migdal Ohr, the U.S. Fundraising arm of a leading Israeli charity for children at-risk, is seeking a smart, creative, and organized self-starter to round out our small but mighty team.
The Development and Communications Coordinator will play an integral role in our American office- based in New York City, interfacing with our database, supporting lay leaders, stewarding donors, managing our social media presence, writing copy for fundraising and marketing materials, planning events and providing overall administrative support for the CEO and Development Director. If you love the mechanics of fundraising, are a social media whiz, and are looking to build an exciting career in the non-profit sector, this is the job for you!
· Actively work with Senior Development Team and lay leadership to set, track, and meet annual institutional fundraising goals.
· Assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors
· Daily content creation for website and social media, including writing news articles, contributing to press releases, updating resources and creating social media posts for multiple platforms
· Assist with the planning and execution of organization’s annual gala, ongoing fundraising and volunteer events.
· Draft proposals, reports and other cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship materials.
· Draft press releases and blog posts
· Conduct prospect research
· Enter and maintain accurate and complete records for donors and donations in database (Etapestry)
· Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence.
· Prepare donor reports from database for mailings, appeals, communications and events
·Basic website maintenance, coding skills not required
·Assist with press tracking and outreach, including developing system for measuring media reach
· Assist with direct mail and email campaigns, including the quarterly newsletter
· Provide administrative support where necessary
Qualifications and Requirements
· Minimum two years of directly related experience at a non-profit (preferred) or corporate setting.
· Strong written (including proofreading and editing) and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated social media marketing and public relations savvy
· Familiarity with database management (Etapestry preferred)
· Experience with coordinating special events.
· Strong research, strategic and critical thinking skills.
· Organized, detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Illustrator).
· Ability to think through problems, take initiative and learn new technologies
· Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently. Self-directed to take action and resolve issues.
· Ability to handle a high volume of work and complete tasks efficiently and accurately
· Designed skills preferred
· A passion for Israel and Hebrew language skills a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree
The American Friends of Migdal Ohr offers an attractive benefits package including paid vacation days and health insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter including salary requirements and available start date to
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE